PDA

View Full Version : First time out at the Pudd 10/11

peezy
10-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Picked up a sweet toon from a fellow FNNer about a month ago, then I got all caught up with work :Angry: and havent had a chance to take it out. Finally got a chance this morning so I went out to the pudd around 7am this morning. There was another guy there staring at me kinda funny while I was trying to launch. Being my first time I thought I was doing something wrong, but ironically it was his first time too..lol

We chatted for a bit and I soon hit the water. I cruised around a bit just getting a feel for the trolling motor. I rolled up to a nice spot and pull out my pole, but for some reason the toon wont stay straight, and I kept spinning in circles. So I'm thinking maybe I'm just not using the fins correctly, or maybe Im stuck in some kind of eddy (at the pudd right?...lol). Anyways, I keep drifting in circles and I'm starting to get really frustrated because I dont know what the hell is going on.

Finally I look behind me and the trolling motor (minn kota 30/30) is set to its lowest setting. :ROFL: I was so embarrassed. After that little mishap things were great. The water was really nice today and I cruised from sailboat cove pier over the the damn and back, and spent the rest of the time in and out of the cove.

So, I'm an official Tooner now! If anyone wants to go out hit me up and I'm there.

basscatcher
10-11-2008, 08:14 PM
good job i float tube thier here and thier im the guy in a brown white river tube. they stocked trout last thursday so if you want to catch fish thier trout ALL ALONG SAILBOAT COVE.

God Bless

basscatcher