PDA

View Full Version : Carlsbad

chivo
10-08-2008, 05:45 PM
My girl lives in carlsbad and we walk to the beach.There's this bay that i see many people fishing at, they also walk there dogs. Oh, and there's a fish hatchery behind the bay. Was kinda wondering how good of a spot that is??? Is it worth bringing my poles down for??? What kinda fish are caught down there, and with what????

THANKS,
-C

victor101
10-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Best way to find out is to cast a line and find out for yourself....Should be some kind of fish there....let us know how you do!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Chivo all you need is a small spinning set up ,6lb line, 24" carolina rig,3/8 to 1/2oz. With a #6 mosqito hook. Buy some gulp camo worms .use a 1/3 of one nose hook it, and cast out. You would be surprised what you can catch. Good luck....mike the pmb...

Wingnut
10-09-2008, 10:23 AM
That hatchery is inside one of the Lagoon Estuaries... there is some fine fishing in that area. :Wink:

Troutman65
10-10-2008, 12:11 AM
That hatchery is inside one of the Lagoon Estuaries... there is some fine fishing in that area. :Wink:

I was thinking that as I read it .:LOL::Wink:

Badfish2
10-10-2008, 03:13 AM
I have a friend that fishes in that area a lot.. trust me, it's worth it

chivo
10-29-2008, 09:47 AM
thanksfor the input, when i get back in town i'll be hittin' up that spot. Just wondering if anyone had any stories about the spot. thanks again.

-C

sweetfish
10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey Chivo.

If the spot you are talking about is by Tamarack Blvd (south of it), then it used to be premier for bay bass and halibuts. The fishery you are talking about was and maybe still is for white sea bass. I used to fish there using 3" grubs with 1/4 oz round jigheads. Favorite colors were Chartreuse, clear w/silver flake, root beer, motor oil w/red flake, and hot pink. Cast out and let sink to the bottom. Then do a slow retrieve.

Good luck.

chivo
10-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey Chivo.

If the spot you are talking about is by Tamarack Blvd (south of it), then it used to be premier for bay bass and halibuts. The fishery you are talking about was and maybe still is for white sea bass. I used to fish there using 3" grubs with 1/4 oz round jigheads. Favorite colors were Chartreuse, clear w/silver flake, root beer, motor oil w/red flake, and hot pink. Cast out and let sink to the bottom. Then do a slow retrieve.

Good luck.

Yeah that's the spot. i'm gonna hit it up when i get back next week.thanks for the info.