PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 5/28/07 (late report)

Re8elmonk0341
05-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Sorry for the late report. I was up in Solvang with the wife for a few days. Anyways, here's the report or story. Ill make it short and sweet.

Jumped on the Spitfire Monday ('Cause it was free for AD Military) with a buddy. Thought we were going to Catalina Is. but NOPE just stayed local :x . 1st stop I caught a little white fish and that was it, my buddy caught a nice size red. Then we moved, drfited for nothing. We probably moved 6-7 times. Around 2 the captain wanted to catch some scullys. It was wide open on those things. Last stop it was nothing but sand dabs and scullys. Learned a cool little trick. If you put on a lead head with 4-5" swim bait and a strip of squid you wont pull up sand dabs all the time. Even though they're tasty it gets anoying catching up all the time. I was on a roll, double hook-up every time. After the 4-5th pull the asian lady next to me with a rental pole get tangled with me. As I went to un hook the fish she jerks the pole and I get stucked on my right index finger. :x :evil: .I've always wnated to know how it would feel like to get stung....now i know, at first it felt like a deep paper cut the hard throbing burning pain the just pain. :lol: :lol: My finger was swollen for the whole week hahahahah. Anyways I had fun on the trip. Even though it was afull boat and I was fishing next to a family of rentals. You cant beat FREE. The crew and capt was awsome too. Figers is still swollen and hurts just a lil but Ill make it :thumb: O sorry no pic.

ghetto dad
05-31-2007, 07:55 PM
lol.....thanks for the report man, sorry about your finger (LOL)...take it easy homie!!

victor101
05-31-2007, 08:01 PM
sorry about your bad experience on the spitfire. it really is a good boat. every trip for me on the spitfire has been a good experience. sculpin stings are cool :twisted: its good to dip ur finger in hot water or coffee when u get stung. takes away the swelling and pain. i hate getting tangled with the people with the small weights. it p*%&ses me off. i always feel like cutting their lines...lol. maybe i should sting them with sculpins... :) :P :twisted:

Re8elmonk0341
05-31-2007, 08:27 PM
sorry about your bad experience on the spitfire. it really is a good boat. every trip for me on the spitfire has been a good experience. sculpin stings are cool :twisted: its good to dip ur finger in hot water or coffee when u get stung. takes away the swelling and pain. i hate getting tangled with the people with the small weights. it p*%&ses me off. i always feel like cutting their lines...lol. maybe i should sting them with sculpins... :) :P :twisted:

Naw I had a great experience...Ill ride with 'em again. Thry wanted me to pee on it! But I just sucked it up. I was fishing next to a kid that was using a 1oz and only went like 40-50' I wanted to punch him in face :evil: :evil: . But It was cool we only tagled 5-6 times. :x

Oz
06-01-2007, 12:34 AM
they went local???

i wonder why the day b4 they went to the island but they didnt monday. did they say why at all???

how many people on the boat???

well thats good u had a great expierence on tha boat. the CAPT usually always puts u on fish from when i been on there :)

dabs can never get annoying...im like fish fry :lol:

congrats on ya day

Re8elmonk0341
06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
they went local???

i wonder why the day b4 they went to the island but they didnt monday. did they say why at all???

how many people on the boat???

well thats good u had a great expierence on tha boat. the CAPT usually always puts u on fish from when i been on there :)

dabs can never get annoying...im like fish fry :lol:

congrats on ya day

They didnt say why they didnt went to the islands and...i think there was like 50 peoples.

JapanRon
06-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Re8elmonk0341,

Glad to hear from someone taking advantage of my thread !! Great report and expect more of the same on future trips.

Finger huh? Dang ..... just when you get that Kodak moment for a shot of a throbbing finger. :lol: :lol:

thanks,

JapanRon

victor101
06-01-2007, 12:42 PM
oh ok...well im glad you had a good time. they wont go to the islands if they dont think its worth it at the time. you get about 5 extra hours of fishing time by staying local. :D

SanDimasLMB
06-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I feel for ya, I got sting by a sculpin at Newport Beach Pier and was swollen for 2 weeks :shock:

SanDimasLMB
06-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I feel for ya, I got sting by a sculpin at Newport Beach Pier and was swollen for 2 weeks :shock: