PDA

View Full Version : South Carlsbad State Beach

r3spawn619
10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm camping up at South Carlsbad this weekend and was looking to try my hand at some surf fishing. I could use a little advice on what works in this area. I would prefer to fish with artificials but any advice would be great. Thanks for the help.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Wrong place to post bro:Smile: post in here itd help you out better:: Fishing Rendezvous.

good luck.

ZBA,
Larry

r3spawn619
10-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Sorry, must have ate a retard sandwich for lunch:!!!:

jrockn
10-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm camping up at South Carlsbad this weekend and was looking to try my hand at some surf fishing. I could use a little advice on what works in this area. I would prefer to fish with artificials but any advice would be great. Thanks for the help.

gulp works real well around that area. I fish there all the way down to the power plant once in while. muscles and sand crabs work well also. hard and plastics work pretty good for Halis.

JR

gavin310
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I love South Carlsbad State Beach! I can't wait to go back, but you gotta reserve a week or two in advance because of the RV'ers :Angry:Anyway, I've caught perch and leopard sharks on squid, but that was before I started using Gulp Cammo Sand Worms or Lucky Craft lures. The fishing straight down from the camp sites is great, so just toss out a jerk bait or drop shot, or use a cammo sand worm if you're not looking for halibut, but I'm guessing you are :Wink:

fishhard22
10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
For me the GULP sandworms in the smaller sizes are very affective and are a go to lure if your looking for action. Move to the larger sizes and the shrimp to amp the size of your catch. Drop shotting these usually works well