PDA

View Full Version : LBSF Schedule 10 7 - 10 12

ghetto dad
10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey guys and girls, here is my weekly update for Long Beach Sport Fishing for the week of Oct 7-October 12! Hope to see you soon!

ICON – ½ Day Halibut Derby

Departs Wed-Sun @ 9 am and returns at 3 pm
Cost $45, which INCLUDES your entry fee!

Native Sun – ¾ Day Freelance

Departs Friday-Sunday @ 7am and returns appx 5 pm
Cost $58

**NOTE: The Native Sun is hosting Kencor rods & staff on SATURDAY OCTOBER 11TH! The owner of Kencor will be on the boat, along with their very knowledgable staff!! Jump on board this great trip to learn about their products, meet the staff, receive some nice giveaways, and have a chance at some great raffle prizes!! Come meet the “Mac Daddy” himself, its always a great time fishing with him. Call the landing for reservations!!

Liberty – Overnight Island Freelance

Scheduled to depart NIGHTLY @ 10 pm and returns appx 7-9 pm the following evening. Come experience “The Obymako,” one of the hardest working skippers out there.
Cost $140

Eldorado – Overnight Island Freelance/Special Trips

Scheduled Departures this week:
Departing Thursday night 10/9 and fishing Friday 10/10. This trip is sponsored by AA plastics. Lots of AA plastics to give away!
Cost $165 which INCLUDES meals!!!

Departing Friday Night 10/10 and fishing Saturday 10/11. This trip is sponsored by Izorline. Free spool ups of Izorline 20 and 25 lb!! Possibly some other give aways.
Cost $165 which INCLUDES meals!!!

Departing Saturday Night 10/11 and fishing Sunday 10/12. This is a Western Outdoor News trip, please call 949 366 0030 ext 27

Looking forward to seeing you all on our boats!!!

GD
Manager LBSF
562 432 8993

one_leg
10-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Cool GD I will try to get down there this week.

ghetto dad
10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
bump bump bump

Liteliner
10-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Whats the chances of the Native Sun hitting up catalina on saturday???? I got a signed permission slip from the P O.........

Troutman65
10-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the post GD. Could you post up Daily fish counts too ?

ghetto dad
10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the post GD. Could you post up Daily fish counts too ?

can you post up the daily counts from irvine??

GD

Troutman65
10-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Thats Jimmy's Job.:LOL::Wink:

sansou
10-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I wish you guys were operating out of San Diego, ya'll got some cheap prices for fishing!

Ricky-Ray
10-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Whats the chances of the Native Sun hitting up catalina on saturday???? I got a signed permission slip from the P O.........

Yeah that would be cool. Another 3/4 day boat has been making the trek to Catalina and has been reporting good catches on the calico's and bonito's and an occasional yellowtail.

I'll take my chances with an occasional yellowtail over rockfishing. LOL

Of course it would be dependent if we can at least get the minimum number of anglers that day to make the trek over to Catalina.

Troutman65
10-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah that would be cool. Another 3/4 day boat has been making the trek to Catalina and has been reporting good catches on the calico's and bonito's and an occasional yellowtail.

I'll take my chances with an occasional yellowtail over rockfishing. LOL

Of course it would be dependent if we can at least get the minimum number of anglers that day to make the trek over to Catalina.

Can you fish on a week night ? Like Monday night Tue.day. Or Wed. day ?

one_leg
10-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I wish you guys were operating out of San Diego, ya'll got some cheap prices for fishing!

Yep, that is one of the great things about all the landings up here in the LA/OC area.
I sure do hope that the stuttering ecomony and high fuel prices don't result in any cost increases.
If they raise the prices to San Diego levels, I think many people might go back to fishing freshwater. :Shocked:

Ghetto_Dad, can you give any specific details concerning the Hali derby trips?

I have only fished for Hali's in SAMO Bay.

Where do they primarily fish for them out of LBSF?
Do they do drift, anchor up, or do they do both?
What kind of gear and terminal tackle would be appropriate for this type of fishing?
Is the derby only going to run today, Saturday, Friday?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Troutman65
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
I understood the Halibut derby fishing from your own boat ? Not the Landings boats . Maybe I have fished the fresh water for too long

one_leg
10-10-2008, 11:32 AM
I understood the Halibut derby being your own boat?

Patrick, it is a Sportboat landing. You fish for the Hali's on the Icon.

READ THE BOLD PRINT!!!!
:Angry:

ICON
:ROFL:

Ricky-Ray
10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Yep, that is one of the great things about all the landings up here in the LA/OC area.
I sure do hope that the stuttering ecomony and high fuel prices don't result in any cost increases.
If they raise the prices to San Diego levels, I think many people might go back to fishing freshwater. :Shocked:

Ghetto_Dad, can you give any specific details concerning the Hali derby trips?

I have only fished for Hali's in SAMO Bay.

Where do they primarily fish for them out of LBSF?
Do they do drift, anchor up, or do they do both?
What kind of gear and terminal tackle would be appropriate for this type of fishing?
Is the derby only going to run today, Saturday, Friday?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

The boat is usually drifting. Typical setup's are reverse dropper loop. You want the bait as close to the bottom as possible.

Bounce ball technique has been a very effective way of catching them too. http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/tackle_n_tips/ball_bouncing_for_halibut.htm or http://www.charkbait.com/cs/csStrikeMaster.htm

Ricky-Ray
10-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Can you fish on a week night ? Like Monday night Tue.day. Or Wed. day ?

If I have enough lead time I probably could.

ghetto dad
10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
I understood the Halibut derby fishing from your own boat ? Not the Landings boats . Maybe I have fished the fresh water for too long

Dude....READ!! Why would we do a halibut derby for people with private boats???? DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

GD

Troutman65
10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Dude....READ!! Why would we do a halibut derby for people with private boats???? DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

GD

Sorry Ghetto Pops . :ROFL:

deanhall32
10-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Captain Eddie of the Eldorado out of LBSF