PDA

View Full Version : bolsa chica 10/03/08 with fishindude420. my slab

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Late report fished bolsa chica last friday me and fishindude420 and my gf..got there around 6:30 tide was horrible and super high waves were crashing on the rocks and were soaking me and fishindude420 we were almost at the top on the jetty .fishing was super slow right when we got there it took us awhile to hook our first fish we through over 40 casts with nothing then we both got a short butt and are only butts of the day .Then i switched to gulp camo worms 3in and hooked a nice slab bsp!! :Big Grin: pretty nice and my biggest yet..then kept throwing the gulp camo worm caught 4 more then it died.Let fishindude420 try the gulp camos and he hooked some nice bsp's and a yfc..it was still slow through the day..then i got bored and tied on a rapala xrap the small version in black and silver belly with the bleeding gills..through it first cast got slammed reeled in towards the rocks and it was peeling line on 8lb andy saw it break water it had to be pushing 3 almost 4lbs a nice bsp but the hooks came unbuttoned at the rock!! :Sad: i wanted a nice pic but no go.but it was a alright day overall wish it was better till next time :Big Grin:.

ZBA

gavin310
10-06-2008, 10:12 PM
wow, now that's a slab!

Sinjin Kim
10-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for sharing your day with us. Very nice slab!

You'd be surprise how frequently LARGE perch will slam a jerk bait and a pull size spoon. There were days when I was targeting halibut at near LAX and I couldn't keep large perch off my hard baits.

Well, thanks again and if Tim and I decide to make plans to fish together, come out and join us.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-06-2008, 10:45 PM
wow, now that's a slab!

haha yes indeed i caught him about 2 feet from a rock and in about 1ft of water!! :LOL:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for sharing your day with us. Very nice slab!

You'd be surprise how frequently LARGE perch will slam a jerk bait and a pull size spoon. There were days when I was targeting halibut at near LAX and I couldn't keep large perch off my hard baits.

Well, thanks again and if Tim and I decide to make plans to fish together, come out and join us.

thanks Sinjin, Ya i was assuming they would hit my xrap it has a nice look very shinny and good movement and a perfect resemblence of a schooling chovie or small dean and i heard they hit Lcs and have seen pics so i tried it and wham first cast!! but sucks i didnt get him in.And ya i will take up that offer to join you guys i only fish with tim in the surf anyways or by myself.

ZBA,
Larry

DCCTrouserTrout
10-07-2008, 07:23 AM
That's a helleva perch

fishermen101
10-07-2008, 02:49 PM
hey larry , thats one fat slab of perch . right on give me a buzz./

Wingnut
10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Nice Pig ya got there Larry! :Cool: :Big Grin:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Nice Pig ya got there Larry! :Cool: :Big Grin:

Thanks Arthur he was a good fight!

calico killer kevin
10-07-2008, 03:42 PM
You'd be surprised how close to the rocks the are over there. Toss a sidewinder crab with a 1/2 oz carolina rig about 5 feet from the rocks and they will SLAM it. Me and my dad sometimes have 40-50 fish days right there and most are as big as yours.

fishindude420
10-07-2008, 03:54 PM
what are sidewinder crabs? are those the crabs that run around the rocks?

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-07-2008, 03:54 PM
You'd be surprised how close to the rocks the are over there. Toss a sidewinder crab with a 1/2 oz carolina rig about 5 feet from the rocks and they will SLAM it. Me and my dad sometimes have 40-50 fish days right there and most are as big as yours.

Ya ive been wanting to do that!! it sounds fun man..and there are all the crabs you want right there...its that wide open with the foam crabs?

candyman
10-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Nice slab I was supposed to fish there today but couldn't wake up in time :ROFL:
hopefully ill have my first report this saturday I plan on fishing dog beach to bolsa chica from 8am-4pm join me if your free.

phyl

JSAUCE818
10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
hell yeah, good ish bro,...fat a55 slab you got there...

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
hell yeah, good ish bro,...fat a55 slab you got there...

thanks jsauce !! i still want to get a bsp on a Lc though yeeeah boii

one_leg
10-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Nice one!

Good luck on your Hali hunt.

chivo
10-08-2008, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Zombie Bass ATTACK;252973]Late report fished bolsa chica last friday me and fishindude420 and my gf..got there around 6:30 tide was horrible and super high waves were crashing on the rocks and were soaking me and fishindude420 we were almost at the top on the jetty .fishing was super slow right when we got there it took us awhile to hook our first fish we through over 40 casts with nothing then we both got a short butt and are only butts of the day .Then i switched to gulp camo worms 3in and hooked a nice slab bsp!! :Big Grin: pretty nice and my biggest yet..then kept throwing the gulp camo worm caught 4 more then it died.Let fishindude420 try the gulp camos and he hooked some nice bsp's and a yfc..it was still slow through the day..then i got bored and tied on a rapala xrap the small version in black and silver belly with the bleeding gills..through it first cast got slammed reeled in towards the rocks and it was peeling line on 8lb andy saw it break water it had to be pushing 3 almost 4lbs a nice bsp but the hooks came unbuttoned at the rock!! :Sad: i wanted a nice pic but no go.but it was a alright day overall wish it was better till next time :Big Grin:.

Killer slab

Ifishtoolittle
10-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Dude, that is one NICE BSP! Nice job man.

bones
10-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Very nice slab ya got there. I remember the first pig I got on the LC....I was shocked to see that the BSP had swallowed the hardbait's tail hook and it was a ***** to get the hook out. She was a prego and 14 inches! By the time I got that treble hook out she had spooged all of her fry out and I felt kinda bad. Slabs that size pull pretty hard too!
Did you guys fish the wetlands inlet also? That's my favorite spot to fish on the incomming or outgoing. Lot's of current and the bait likes to hide around the bridge.
Thanks for the report from the OC!

DEADROOTS
10-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Thats a big perch. Good job.

calico killer kevin
10-11-2008, 02:57 PM
what are sidewinder crabs? are those the crabs that run around the rocks?

Yeah, these are the crabs that are all over the place over there. I'm pretty sure they're called sidewinder crabs.

Ya ive been wanting to do that!! it sounds fun man..and there are all the crabs you want right there...its that wide open with the foam crabs?

Oh yeah. If you come at the right time(which is during high tide) you should have them pretty wide open. I use the biggest split shots I can find and cheapa$$ eagle claw hooks because I lose a ton of tackle everytime. It's hilarious because everytime we go there are guys baiting for croakers, halis and such and me and my dad are hopping rocks and getting soaked by the waves. The waves are pretty nice if it's a hot summer day, but otherwise it's a pain in the *****. I always bring an extra pair of clothes.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah, these are the crabs that are all over the place over there. I'm pretty sure they're called sidewinder crabs.

Oh yeah. If you come at the right time(which is during high tide) you should have them pretty wide open. I use the biggest split shots I can find and cheapa$$ eagle claw hooks because I lose a ton of tackle everytime. It's hilarious because everytime we go there are guys baiting for croakers, halis and such and me and my dad are hopping rocks and getting soaked by the waves. The waves are pretty nice if it's a hot summer day, but otherwise it's a pain in the *****. I always bring an extra pair of clothes.

thats dope man yeah i just bring my waiters and fish the surf side parallel with the rocks and get slammed every time . i think im going soon again.

crappie stalker
10-15-2008, 08:11 AM
That was one heckuva perchy there..
CS

fishhard22
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Nice perch bro. Im all about GULP products haha