PDA

View Full Version : Newb Tube

working4golf
05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
I recently bought my first personal pontoon boat. I see a lot of lakes that don't allow "Bodily contact". In a pontoon (Or tube for that matter) with waders, is it considered bodily contact?

Also, any recommendations of good lakes to go that are pontoon friendly???

Any general pointers would be great too....

Ronira
05-31-2007, 04:29 PM
I've had mine in Silverwood once and and Perris once. Other than that Irvine twice and Corona about 3 times. I liked Silverwood and Perris the most because there was room to get away from all the rental boats with with people who had no clue about breathing room. Peace Ron

lang813
06-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Even with waders it's still considered bodily contact. The best thing to do is call the lake you intend to float. The rules seem to be slightly different from lake to lake. I've had my tube in Pyramid, but it''s not allowed at Castaic(upper), but may SOT kayak is. DVL wont allow my SOT kayak, but will allow a SIK and canoes.. Why a canoe and not a SOT? I dunno.

What lake(s) are you looking at? I'm sure people here have tubed every lake around here possible and will be able to tell you if the lake you're thinking of will allow it.

working4golf
06-04-2007, 07:59 AM
I really am not looking at any specific lakes necessarily.....I'll drive wherever it's worth driving too. I live in the Temecula/Murrieta area, so anything in SD, R, SB countys are geographically most attractive. I haven't really done much fishing since living in socal, (Have never tubed yet....) so I'm really just trying to find the hot spots that I can float on.

This site has been great to learn from, and thanks for the response.

sonarbp
06-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey working4golf,

I know alot of the San Diego lakes allow float tubes. Might give that a shot!!

sonarbp