PDA

View Full Version : Launch Sites 4 Us/Tuber's&Yakker's

Fastfish
10-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Let's work on a thread were we post up all the lakes here were we fish were we are welcome to fish if ur gonna post a lake tell us if its a tube friendly lake or yak lake or both as some lakes like one or the other or neither or only one kind of yak such as the case at Diamond Valley with with its sit-inside kayak limitation.

My primary launch site is Puddingstone but Big Bear has been of gr8er interest as of l8ly & I look 4ward to next year 4 increased trout fishing fun from my kayak with my wife tagging along(she catches the heck out the trout) we hope to get a tandem kayak in the near future also to add to our fleet and change the way we presently go after them.

Hopefully this can expand the area of were we all take our vessel's

Fastfish

keenefish
10-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Let's work on a thread were we post up all the lakes here were we fish were we are welcome to fish if ur gonna post a lake tell us if its a tube friendly lake or yak lake or both as some lakes like one or the other or neither or only one kind of yak such as the case at Diamond Valley with with its sit-inside kayak limitation.

Hopefully this can expand the area of were we all take our vessel's

Fastfish

Big bear lake, Perris, and Silver wood are both. Lake Skinner is a sit inside bs lake.
Keene

5150xj
10-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Jenks is both.

Tim

Fastfish
10-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Guess I should have included all the active salt-water put-ins as well over on another board I frequent they have taken to posting pic's of launch areas so as to have a better idea of the Facility.

sonarbp
10-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Here are a few tube/toon/yak friendly places you can try out, I also listed some saltwater places if you every want to try. I will try and add more lakes to the list as I find them.....maybe others on the board can help also!!

Fresh Water Launches
Big Bear Lake - Lake fishing in the San Bernardino Mountains.
Lake Silverwood - Lake fishing in the San Bernardino Mountains.
Jenks Lake - Lake fishing in the San Bernadino Mountains
Lake Perris - Lake fishing in Riverside County.
Puddingstone resv. - Lake fishing in LA County.
Laguna Niguel Lake - Pay Lake fishing in Orange County.
Irvine Lake - Pay Lake fishing in Orange County.
Santa Ana River Lakes - Pay Lake fishing in Orange County.
Corona Lake - Pay lake in Riverside County
Lake Gregory - Lake fishing in San Bernardino Mountains
Castiac Lagoon
Santa Fe Res.
Jess Ranch Lakes - Lake fishing in Apple Valley
Lake Pyramid
Lake Piru

San Diego lakes:
Lake Barrett
Lake Cuyamaca
El Capitan Res.
Lake Hodges
Lake Jennings
Lake Miramar
Lake Morena
Lake Murray
Upper Otay Res.
Lake Poway
Santee Lakes
San Vicente Res.
Sutherland Res. MY FAVORITE LAKE TO FISH!!!!
Lake Wohlford

Salt Water Launches
Cherry Beach - Bay and breakwall fishing in Long Beach.
Huntington Harbor - Harbor fishing in Huntington Harbor.
15th Street - Bay fishing in Newport Beach.
"K" Street - Bay fishing in Newport Beach.
Dana Point - Bay and offshore fishing in Dana Point.
La Jolla Shores - Offshore fishing in San Diego.
Bahia Point - Bay and offshore fishing in Mission Bay.
Santa Clara Point - Bay fishing in Mission Bay.

Hope this helps a little.....there are many more lakes in socal you can tube but this list is a start for you to consider!!!

sonarbp

Poxy Boggards
10-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Anyone know if you can toon in the following?

Gregory
Jess Ranch

sonarbp
10-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Anyone know if you can toon in the following?

Gregory
Jess Ranch

Yes you can both but Jess ranch has a rule there needs to be at least two people on the water at all times. They have a small lake just for tubing/toons.

Poxy Boggards
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM
So you can not toon for trout on the big lakes at Jess Ranch?

Fastfish
10-09-2008, 09:00 PM
As far as I know Jess Ranch tubing is confined to a lake for bass'in God knows I've been wrong b4 & will be again but pretty sure on this one, but better call them 2b sure.

Fastfish

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
10-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Freshwater section add.....
Elizabeth Lake

YakYakYak
10-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Had fun out of Dana Point, Newport & Huntington Harbor. Launched right next to Malibu Pier & jigged the kelp beds a few times, have to be careful of the surf when landing! Looking for some spots in Ventura, Oxnard, Port Hueneme area.... any advice?

keenefish
10-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Had fun out of Dana Point, Newport & Huntington Harbor. Launched right next to Malibu Pier & jigged the kelp beds a few times, have to be careful of the surf when landing! Looking for some spots in Ventura, Oxnard, Port Hueneme area.... any advice?
Oxnard has a great kayak launch area just past ciscos sportfishing at the momy beach.