PDA

View Full Version : Point Mugu ?

Mister Twister
10-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I used to fish there 30 years ago. I google earth it, still looks the same,LOL.I have a long lunch working at Port Hueneme and Port auththority thew me out for throwing line,been driving my tractor truck, without trailer to Pier and lady cop threw me out for posted street .Mugu looks like closest spot to Hueneme that I can park tractor at. Anybody been there lately? Looks like a good spot to throw a line out.I will explore the area, just thought some input would be cool.Thanks to my fellow fishing freaks.

bonitoboy
10-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi,

I camped at Sycamore Canyon in August for the last weekend of the grunion run, nice size perch. I was going for halibut with an ito vision. Some kid caught some perch and he swears a yellowtail but i am pretty sure he meant YFC on squid.

Mister Twister
10-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info bonitoboy, I will gear towards the perch ,the north side looks accessable,nice area to throw a line.

bones
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes.....The north side of PM is a good spot for perch and YFC. It's a steep shore break and even good at low tide. There is a rocky area just offshore so be prepared to lose a few rigs. The parking is free during the week but they set up a makeshift area to charge for parking on the weekends.