PDA

View Full Version : Weather front question

fishing_addict
10-01-2008, 02:58 PM
So if all goes as planned I'll be up at Twin Lakes by Friday night. My question is this, according to the weather forecast right now a front is going to be moving in through that area Friday night through Saturday and will be bringing rain with it. What effect if any will this have on fishing? Thanks...!

DccFISHerMan
10-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I love it when it rains in the sierras cause it drives most of the fiseman back in doors and the fishing is left to the few who will stick it out through the rain!!!

Badfish2
10-01-2008, 05:52 PM
I've been up in the sierras when it rains, usually the fish go nuts on the surface because of it.. Cast out lures and keep them near the surface, you'll hook up

Rubble
10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Also be carefull not to get caught out in the open when a thunderstorm comes through.......I did one time on a hike to Kirman and several of us had the hair stand up on our arms & heads while we were crossing a clearing that had just a single tree in the middle.......no,we didn't hide under it either.....we made tracks for the middle of the next stand of forest...!!!!

Good Luck & Good Fishin'

exfactor
10-02-2008, 01:56 PM
With the rain comes the wind. You take it from there.

pc2mac
10-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Forecast is for snow, high winds, and rain.... better save your gas money.....

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=rev&smap=1&textField1=37.64861&textField2=-118.97111

Tonight: Rain, mainly after 11pm. Low around 40. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday: Rain before 11am, then snow. High near 45. Windy, with a west wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11am. Partly cloudy, with a high near 51. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Koshaw
10-03-2008, 08:38 AM
EEK! Sounds like good fishing but kinda dangerous conditions. If you got a 4x4 with chains/snow tires and have a lotta driving in snow experience then you may be ok. Dunno if you will get snowed in though!

Maybe you want to stick to the Owens Valley instead? They always plow the main road there...and there will be less of a chance of getting stuck.

I wish you luck!

Troutman65
10-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Forecast is for snow, high winds, and rain.... better save your gas money.....

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=rev&smap=1&textField1=37.64861&textField2=-118.97111

Tonight: Rain, mainly after 11pm. Low around 40. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday: Rain before 11am, then snow. High near 45. Windy, with a west wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11am. Partly cloudy, with a high near 51. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

I heard while I was in Bishop that a storm was coming in this weekend. Snow in the high country. Owens river should be ok. Be careful out there if you go.:Wink:

Badfish2
10-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Snow in the sierra early season can be no joke.. if it's going to snow I say bring warm clothes and be prepared with plenty of water and food. For most, it's a good idea not to go when the forcast calls for snow