PDA

View Full Version : May have to cancel my big trip to Bridgeport

fishing_addict
09-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I can't remember the last time I was this bummed. My buddies and I have been planning our 3rd annual trip to Twin Lakes for over 2 months now and now it looks like 48 hours before I am scheduled to leave I may have to cancel on 'em!!! This morning my dog starts to wimper from the top of the stairs after I had come down to make coffee. Somehow she injured one of her back legs during the night and was sitting at the top of the stairs trying to figure out how to get down. I thought maybe she just had a cramp or something since she had just woke up but it was bad enough that I had to carry her down the stairs. She fell over a couple times trying to walk around on 3 legs and I finally had to carry her out outside to use the bathroom and have been carrying her all day now. I have an appointment at the vet in the morning to get her x-rayed and hopefully it's nothing serious. Otherwise I won't be able to take her fishing and will have to stay home. I'm still dumbfounded on how she hurt herself!!!! What a bummer...:Sad:

Badfish2
09-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow man, that's horrible news. :Sad: I had to help a friend take her dog down to be put to sleep a few weeks back. I hope your'e dog makes a quick recovery

Roostertail
10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog. Life likes to throw us curve balls every so often. Hope everything is ok. Let us know.

Granny Fish
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
That is too bad about your dog. Hope she makes a speedy recovery and it is nothing too serious. Does your dog jump a lot? If so, it might be something as simple as needing some steroids. I can't imagine it being too serious if it came up all of a sudden and you don't recall any trauma to the dog's leg. Good luck and sorry about your cancelled trip.

fishing_addict
10-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Well the vet did some movement tests on her and thinks it might be her ACL. He's going to do the x-rays tomorrow morning and see what they show. If it is her ACL and we have to schedule surgery (for the 2nd time!) and will probably still try to make the trip happen. Just no hiking or letting her run wild out there.

Sparky70
10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
There is even talk of Snow in the Mammoth/Bridgeport area fRI AND Sat.
Lifes a BEECH, AND THEN WE die! :Dead Horse::Dead Horse::Dead Horse:

Mondo21
10-01-2008, 05:37 PM
What is ACL? Cindy:Confused:

FemaleFishinFool
10-01-2008, 09:01 PM
FA~

Speedy recovery to the K9! (WE know it didnt happen like this -----> :Dog ****:
Well doesn't that beat all!!!! The emo has been censored :ROFL:

(Cindy~ ACL = Anterior Cruciate Ligament = ligament that controls movement of knee cap in a specific capacity. Humans blow em all the time)

Hope you make the trip FA ~ I'm standing by to read your report!
(Maybe the vet can prescibed some anti-inflammatories and doggie sedatives to make your pup more comfortable {and less active} on the trip)

~FFF

Mondo21
10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
FA~

Speedy recovery to the K9! (WE know it didnt happen like this -----> :Dog ****:
Well doesn't that beat all!!!! The emo has been censored :ROFL:

(Cindy~ ACL = Anterior Cruciate Ligament = ligament that controls movement of knee cap in a specific capacity. Humans blow em all the time)

Hope you make the trip FA ~ I'm standing by to read your report!
(Maybe the vet can prescibed some anti-inflammatories and doggie sedatives to make your pup more comfortable {and less active} on the trip)

~FFF

Thanks for the explanation F.F.F.
Cindy:Big Grin:

Mondo21
10-02-2008, 10:31 AM
What is ACL? Cindy:Confused:

I hope your doggy will be okay.
Cindy:Big Grin:

fishing_addict
10-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Vet gave me the green light to take her on the trip! He's gonna prescribe her some mild sedatives. Looks like we'll hopefully be on the road by noon tomorrow! Looks like we might get some rain/snow as well....

ikeman
10-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Make sure the dog gets the meds!!!

Have a great trip!

FemaleFishinFool
10-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Great news, FA :Thumbs Up:
:Cold Fishing: seperates the m....er....anglers from the :Sissy Fight:

Keep your pup warm at day's end; it'll help her recover from the strain.
Looking forward to your report! (Im heading to Mammoth Lakes area tomorrow after work ~ back on Weds~ maybe we'll cross paths!!)

~FFF

Badfish2
10-03-2008, 03:52 AM
awesome news man, glad to hear the pup is OK :Big Grin::!!!:

Troutman65
10-03-2008, 11:02 PM
awesome news man, glad to hear the pup is OK :Big Grin::!!!:

Ditto !!!!

Looking forward to your report also..

FFF, Good luck to you too !!!! Hope you write up a report on your fishing trip.:Big Grin::Wink: