PDA

View Full Version : H&M or Point Loma?

SOSO
05-31-2007, 08:54 AM
Decided to go down to San Diego to fish for fathers Day weekend. Me and several friends are planning on going on a 3/4 Day boat. It seams H&M and Point Loma are the ones to go to. If you had to choose, which one? Service, quality of boat, captain/deckhands, etc..

Re8elmonk0341
05-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I went out on the mission belle out of pt loma. 1st time and i would say that it wont be the last. great capt and crew.

sansou
05-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Don't be so quick to discount Seaforth....if you get on the right boat out of that landing. Parking is a heck of a lot better there too, and you're that much closer to the darn Coronados if you're fishing 3/4 type trips.

BBL2Baja
05-31-2007, 03:38 PM
I have always been impressed with H&M's focus on customer service. So much so that when I decided it was finally time to take my 8 yr old daughter for her first trip it was aboard the Premier out of H&M. I've done all of the SD area landings and would give the Big 3 (H&M, Point Loma and Fisherman's Landing) the highest rating. Helgren's and Seaforth in the middle and Islandia a no-go. I also really like Dana Wharf, but if Baja is your destination, then it's SD all the way.

Although, one of my favorite boats, The Dominator is at Seaforth this year, so the next time I'm down that way, that's probably where I'll be fishing out of.

To answer the original question, it's the H&M over Pt. Loma, but watch the fish counts!

Later,
Scott

SanDimasLMB
06-01-2007, 09:17 PM
H&M abosolutely positively 100% of the time

DavidE
06-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Check out the Fathers Day special ...

http://indian.choicesportfishing.com/view.php

A buddy of mine fished this boat a couple times last season and said he'll be on her again this year.