PDA

View Full Version : Bishop 26th-27th

violenthelm
09-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Like BadFish had reported earlier, Bishop was pretty slow. I left Temecula Friday at 3am and was fishing Weir Pond by 8am! Nobody there! Had the whole place to myself. First cast I hooked a little brown on a black and white PM. I thought that was a pretty cool way to start my morning. I didnt get any fish pics because I didnt want to keep the fish out of the water while I was fumbling for my camara in my waders. They were all little guys anyways. I hooked a few more little brownies for an hour or so and was getting anxious to get in the tube so I headed up to South for a bit. The trees were really cool looking changing color so I snapped off a lot of pics. South was a little windy so I changed my mind and hit up Intake II. Very slow and really bad weeds. I was there a few hours. I saw one person catch a fish on a tube and saw only two fish in the water when I was out there. I saw more fish back in the creek so I bailed. Hit up some of my brother in law's spots along the creek, saw some Elk crossing the road that scared the hell out of me. Caught a few more small ones on salmon eggs. Headed up to North for some more tubin. The trees looked really cool up at North, got lots of pics. By this time it was about noon, there was a decent crowd up here. A group of guys were just taking pics in the parking lot when I was pulling in. Lots of limits, looked good. I started unloading when a few tubers were coming out and told me it was real slow out there, not to waste my time. He said those guys taking pics did good and that was pretty much it. I took his word for it, didnt want to waste my time now that it was starting to get a little more crowded. ( Saturday was free fishing day, I was expecting crowds ) He said he was going to Intake II, I told him it was slow for me earlier and I think he was going to hit up something else.
I headed up to Sabrina at about 12:30. It wasn't as windy as the others so I jumped in the tube. The water was real clear, didnt see any fish or anyone on shore with anything. I started paddling towards the inlets but by this time, the wind started kicking up. I stayed around the launch ramp and dam area. I threw everthing but no luck. Jumped out at about 4ish. Too windy for me at this point so I headed down the hill, played in the creek some more. Had tons of fun with my two custom ultralight rods (Bubba's hot rods!! Hit this guy up!) since all I was catching this trip was little brownies. Got down to town around dinner time totally pooped. That 3am start time and long drive had caught up with me. My sis and her family live there so I dropped by and we visited for a while.
By morning I had noticed that the town of Bishop was packed! Dang, l didnt know it would be so packed this late in the season. I didnt want to mess with the crowds and the lakes seemed slow on Friday so I caught my nephews socker game in the am (His team lost 5-7), ate a fat breakfast and headed back down through Independence and Lone Pine on my way back home. This was my first trip up there in the fall, it was really nice out, no mosquitos. Very fun trip. All I caught was browns in creeks and streams, no luck in the lakes this trip but really nice weather and good scenery.

Trout-Slayer77
09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
i was up there too, south lake on saturday, and sabrina on sunday. Thanks for the report and pics !! it was slow for us too...ill post my report soon.

Badfish2
09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Dude, I was so going to go to weir pond, but I didn't pick up my waders yet. :Sad: I felt your pain on the slowness, I was very disapointed in Intake2 ..even though I did manage a decent brown. I'm glad a I drove further north. Good report, don't feel bad though dude, it wasn't you .. everyone had problems that weekend. Next time though. :Wink:

GdHkSet1
10-02-2008, 10:45 PM
For all those in this post we pretty much were all fishing in the same area/spots last weekend. South lake and Intake II we did best at, we took off monday at noon after hitting the owens. Good luck next time up there

SoadTilt15
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
You guys think those colors will last for another 2 weeks? Going up there 2 weeks from today to go fishing and take some pictures.

GdHkSet1
10-03-2008, 12:14 PM
I would like to leave tonight! Should be great up there, good luck!

diamondbear
10-03-2008, 07:41 PM
GREAT PICTURES MAN , Just keep it up and the effort will pay off big time in the future , good report , thanks