PDA

View Full Version : Gulp salt water jerk shad

otisdis
09-30-2008, 12:41 AM
I just used these last week on a 1/2 day, only caught 2 fish but they were also my first ones using plastics. My buddy swears by the "5 inch smelt ones. Well I got 2 questions.

First does anyone else use these and if you do what colors do you guys use. thanks

Simplyeman
09-30-2008, 12:42 AM
works really well in the surf.

Ricky-Ray
09-30-2008, 01:32 AM
works great. Love the nuclear chicken, new penny and lime tiger colors. Killer on bass.

sonarbp
09-30-2008, 06:50 AM
All colors rigged on a 1/4oz football head in the bay or rigged on a 1/4oz owner sledhead for fishinf he rocks and local kelp. Don't know what these thing are made of.....but the bass love them!!!!

cappo
09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
They're killer on rockfish too. As ricky ray mentioned, nuclear chicken is the bomb.

chuck'n deuce's
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
ive used those things a few times, im not sure if i am completely sold.

surfnfish
09-30-2008, 09:51 PM
This is definately one of my biggest confidence baits. I love the jerkshads, they work great. I landed my Pb Halibut and Pb Calico both while fishing these baits on light line. I feel that the for sure best way to rig them is on a darter stule lead head. 3/4 oz is perfect and can be fished comfortably in up to 65ft of water or "rigged on a 1/4oz owner sledhead for fishinf he rocks and local kelp" I find that they are also killer when dropshotted over eel grass beds in the harbors. By far my go-to colors are nuclear chicken and camo. Smelt and anchovy are good offshore or at the islands too, but if your fishing locally those first to colors are really all you need.

fabiano
10-05-2008, 02:03 AM
i use them in mdr and i catch halibut, bass, and the occasional baby wsb...i use the anchovy color, but if they are 2 pricey get the zoom jerk shads they are cheaper and u get more but the fish stick on it as much as they would the Gulp