PDA

View Full Version : Brian and Evan in!! "A leaky Inflatable Kayak Adventure!!"

britheguy
09-28-2008, 02:00 PM
The title basically sums it up. The night before we set out we patched up a little hole in Evans inflatable Kayak and hoped for the best.

Woke up at around 6:00ish and got our gear together. We checked the boat to see how much air it lost, not much, but we brought the pump just in case. Ugh all of our stuff in the boat was a tight fit, but we will make it work!

Took a hike down a hill and got to the launching area, a really rocky launching area. We get our selfs situated and set off.

I'm set up with a dropshot rig with a 1 ounce and Evan has a sliding sinker rig on with a 1 ounce weight. We both setup with some shrimp and within the first 5 minutes Evan hooks up on a decent sheepshead. Then again another 5 minutes after me.

After the bite slowed down a little we started fishing the pockets of kelp for no luck, But we did see many fish boiling, which was cool. After a long move because the boat wouldn't track straight for some reason, we are pretty sure we are on the fish. Evan hooks up on a nice sand bass 3rd cast. Then again he hooks up on a rock fish, not sure what kind but right after he catches his I catch mine :Big Grin:. We fish that spot for about 20 minutes more and I catch a nice Calico Bass.

We paddle around for a while with no luck and decide to go back to our first spot. After about 10 minutes and no shrimp left Evan is getting hammered and missing hook sets I catch a little sculpin. Thats when we call it a day.

This is where things get a little messed up :LOL:. This morning when we launched the waves weren't bad at all but now they are starting to break a little bit harder :Shock:. We commit and paddle as hard as we can straight on. I jump out with no shoes on, hold the boat and grab the rods. Then Evan jumps out and tries helping with pulling the boat out. All of a sudden a big swell set comes in and i loose my footing. My foot slips between two rocks and I go down on the rods. I get up quickly as possible to get out of the waves and save the rods. As I get up another wave comes and I grab the boat and everything inside gets soaked...including my cellphone :Cry:. My adrenaline is pumping so hard I can barely breath. O.M.G that was intense for 1:30 of fishing, haha. Now I am home, with my feet cut up, and cellphone-less. But it's all good because we did catch fish. Next time we will plan it out a little bit better :Wink:

Pictures. We do also have video but I will upload that later.

1st Sheepshead, sorry for the bad picture :LOL:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/good1235/P9270005.jpg

2nd one. It kinda looks like a wresse (sp?) doesn't it?

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/good1235/P9270006.jpg

Evan's Sandbass

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/good1235/P9270007.jpg

Evan's Rockfish

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/good1235/P9270008.jpg

My rockfish

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/good1235/P9270009.jpg

My Calico

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p20/good1235/P9270010.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Evan, and Brian

fishmaniac
09-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Looks like an adventure alright!

You should pick up a "dry bag" when going kayaking. I put my wallet, keys, gps and phone in mine.

Thanks for the report and crooked pics! :Wink:

Mister Twister
09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Great job on the fishes,take some frozen chovies next time for the top water bite.

Robert trout hunter
09-28-2008, 04:52 PM
wow :O nice day good job on the calico

fishhard22
09-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Exciting adventure haha i'm all about adventures. Congrats on the catch those are some nice fish

supasportkid
09-28-2008, 08:26 PM
awesome little adventure you had there! good job on the fish!!

JSAUCE818
09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
you kids are nuts!.......i like that!, way to go fellas....Im surprised your parents didnt have a heart attack when you told them that you were gonna go out to the salt on a inflatable kayak....lol

i have to see this inflatable kayak you took out, lol...pics?

Wingnut
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Good times, nice job on the catch and you kids be careful out there. :Wink: :Cool: :Big Grin:

one_leg
09-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Your reports are always a fun read. What an adventure. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

britheguy
09-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Haha thanks guys.

Jsauce I don't have any sorry :Sad: I really did look like a canoe though.

Oh and today my foot is in major pain...I hope it's not broken, I'm pretty sure it isn't, Haha.

Robert trout hunter
09-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Haha thanks guys.

Jsauce I don't have any sorry :Sad: I really did look like a canoe though.

Oh and today my foot is in major pain...I hope it's not broken, I'm pretty sure it isn't, Haha.
pyropediscronosis

CrabMan
09-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Great report guys!

Isn't it fun trying to time the swells and then paddle in between them in hopes of making the beach before you get swamped. That's always a heart-pumping ordeal!:EyePop:

I've had some good luck pulling myself into the floating kelp bed, finding a hole in the cover and fishing there. Sometimes you catch the biggest fish--but it's hard to bring them out without a major kelp hang up.:Embarrassed:

Thanks for the report...:LOL:

reckless_m@
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey kiddo you look familiar....you deck on the RP? Anyways major ballzz going out there in a leaky inflatable! If you guys have float tubes let me know. I lovee PV.

Robert trout hunter
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey kiddo you look familiar....you deck on the RP? Anyways major ballzz going out there in a leaky inflatable! If you guys have float tubes let me know. I lovee PV.
how do you launch a tube there ?

britheguy
10-03-2008, 01:22 AM

Yeah that's Evan, and he does work at RP sometimes. And I will totally hit you up when we are going to head out, I've been wanting to tube NPH, maybe Saturday or Sunday.

Brian_GSC
10-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Does your kayak have multiple air bladders, or is it one big single bladder?

Way to go on getting some critters! Hope you foot gets better soon.