PDA

View Full Version : help need for seattle,wa

troutkiller562
09-27-2008, 07:30 PM
hello, I am visting seattle in late oct. and like to do some fishing so anybody know of a guide or have any info? thanks tk562

WARRIORMIKE
09-28-2008, 02:36 AM
See if you can fish the Columbia River! Lots of Smallies!

Troutman65
09-28-2008, 04:40 AM
Be sure to try some of the Ivers Clam chowder. Its all over the place up there. Very good stuff.:Big Grin: Good luck fishing.

WARRIORMIKE
09-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I would suggest if you wanna fish, look up some local bass clubs in the area. Go out fishing with one of those guys and let them know what your about. Just tell them that your in town for a while. Also they have a tackle store called " GI Joe's." Check them out too. I would try to hit up the salmon though. IMO :Cool:

AnglerBob
09-29-2008, 12:20 PM
You know I was on a business trip to Seattle a few years ago during October and had some luck. We were staying in Sea-Tac airport area. I visited a local tackle shop who told me that most good fishing opportunities were a considerable distance from the city (couple hours' drive). I couldn't spare the time, so I instead ended up fishing in city park lakes, only to happily discover that kokanee were spawning and would hit anything. These park lakes are like the Orange county "homeowner" lakes (Mission Viejo) in that they are surrounded by private homes; however, there's a public-access area with a park and fishing dock and this can be some of the best fishing.

The other option, of course, is the six-pack charter boats for rockfish and salmon. Salmon returns have been pretty dreadful on the north coast this year I hear, but it might be worth checking out.

fishnFF
09-29-2008, 10:44 PM
I have not had much luck this year with the salmon in Puget Sound. I moved up here a year ago and have only got some short kings, however, my boat access is limited to 10' and an electric trolling motor. I would suggest maybe trying to find a river guide on the Snohomish for that time of year. If you want to catch an *** load of dog fish I AM YOUR GUIDE!!!

Good Luck...bring rain gear.:Smile:

LunkerLover
09-30-2008, 10:26 AM
hello, I am visting seattle in late oct. and like to do some fishing so anybody know of a guide or have any info? thanks tk562

dude. call John @ 206-325-8988 or 888.881.1576 This guy knows fishing in Washington (He's from Seattle) and is probably the best guide you'll ever find. My Grandpa has been with him a dozen times.

Call him.