PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo 9/26/08 Catalina Isl.

russ88
09-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Fished the Monte Carlo yesterday off 22nd landing. Used the free passes I won from the Pursuit last week. Monte Carlo took over Pursuit’s Catalina run for the day. Kinda sux but what can u do. Bait was mostly small anchovies. No Dines!! Yikes doesn’t look too promising for the yellows. The Pursuit had about 14 yellows on their count the previous day. Anyways, first stop was wide open on the bonitos (5 lb average) and short calicos. Easy limits on the bonitos. Calico action was in full swing as well but 90% of my calico was undersize. I did see a couple of 2-3lb range bass go over the rail. I fished plastics hoping for bigger bass but no luck on the bigger bass. Juvenile Calicos was on the chew. 2nd and 3rd stop was slow. Started heading back home around 3:00. Still a good trip! Got to fish with my old school friend that only fishes offshore. Good times! Till next time just another day in paradise. no pics…

jrockn
09-26-2008, 01:45 PM
nice, as long as you had a fun time.
tight lines!
JR

supasportkid
09-26-2008, 06:57 PM
thanks for the report, those bones sure fight good tho!

JapanRon
09-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi russ88,

The Monte is a neat boat isn't it ?? Knda plush !! Did you use the shower ? ha ha Ya I saw they had one !!

Wonder if Danny was running the boat?

Notice the yawl .... kinda slidin' off the parallel swells !? ha ha ha

thanks for the nice report,

JapanRon

kill_obet
09-26-2008, 10:33 PM
dang bru!!!no jockpot yt..??we'll get em next time russ prolly next week..as long as u guys havin fun that was it all about!!

pokerface12
10-01-2008, 10:43 PM
You got the right idea when there's only anchovies. I hate fishing those things even though most fish preferred them over sardines.