PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on 9/24 deleware river/small pond on side. In Jersey

chivo
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Went to the deleware looking for some giant cats or some striper action. Well it was a bit windy for my fishing taste. Well i fished chicken livers with a 1oz sinker. they were taking my bait without any hints of them being present. Next minute i had brought up a 12inch, 2lb bullhead(hybrid).So went to the freshwater spot on the other side of the flood gate. caught a few gills, a few 2lb bass and some perch. then i stood on the flood gate and hit the saltwater side again for some shad and striper action. The stripeys were boiling all over. Nothing big was caught but lost a few 10+lbers. left early cause the tide went out and the crappie didn't show.Looked for the slabs but nadda.My first crappie skunk out of california ever.I heard they pull 2lbers out of there every month.

*The bullhead pic was taken with a crappy camera but you can see the gut on it. She's pregnant.
*I caught the Crappie in rochester,Mn along with 100+ more(in one day)

nismotech91
09-24-2008, 08:31 PM
You on vacation out there? Must be nice to fish fresh and salt in a day.

Troutman65
09-26-2008, 01:38 AM
Nice going on the CATFISH . Thanks for the post.

chivo
09-27-2008, 08:25 AM
You on vacation out there? Must be nice to fish fresh and salt in a day.

I wish i was on vacation. I work for a moving company and i drive a tractor trailer around the US. But i do make time to stop and fish, i know TONS of DINAMITE spots across the US.If anyone is driving somewhere for a vacation i'm pretty sure i could find a excellent spot to fish.