PDA

View Full Version : lc question

sh1nynewlove
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
when I go fishing my lc like floats in the water.. is this normal.. I thought it should go in the water a little deeper... its like floating like 4-5in deep in the water..

Is there a way your suppose to tie your lc onto your line..

also is there a way to retreive so I can catch halis like the hali master wingnut.. :Envious:

ghetto dad
09-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Da da du dummmm....this, looks like a job for...............
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/swingnut.jpg

Wingnut
09-24-2008, 03:25 PM
LOL, I think that picture is going to be circulating for a while. :LOL:
But, I have much better pics than that one though. :Wink: :LOL: :ROFL:

The LC Flash Minnow 110 (if that's what you were using) don't actually float, they suspend. Meaning, they will hold their depth, usually anywhere in between 2-3 feet when you stop your retrieve. They will suspend and wobble in place. This is one big feature advantage of the LC's. As for the retrieve technique, that's really no secret... 80% of the time I use a slow & steady straight retrieve. The other 20% is a lesson for another time. :Wink: :Cool: :Big Grin:

uandme
09-24-2008, 03:34 PM
sounds like we need an expert advise on this... can someone please call Sinjin Kim so we can all learn?

That Dang Guy
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
when I go fishing my lc like floats in the water.. is this normal.. I thought it should go in the water a little deeper... its like floating like 4-5in deep in the water..

Is there a way your suppose to tie your lc onto your line..

also is there a way to retreive so I can catch halis like the hali master wingnut.. :Envious:

What model of LC do you have where did you buy it?

HEMAN
09-24-2008, 03:58 PM
What model of LC do you have where did you buy it?

i was thinking the same thing... i hope the eBay LC guy hasn't struck again...

sh1nynewlove
09-25-2008, 01:48 AM
thanks for the response wingnut... always an honor to learn from the master.

I bought my lc at fishermans access it was the new Lucky Craft 110 Flash Minnow Metallic Sardine Salt Water Limited Edition.. picked it up when they were having their grand opening sale..

so what knot do you use to tie it on?.. or is that the 20% secret?

uandme
09-25-2008, 10:37 AM
if you search for sinjin kim's halibut articles, you will find ALL the information you'll need. rather it is rod/reel selection, conditions, lure/bait choice, etc. if you REALLY want to know how to present a LC flashminnow the correct way, i suggest looking up that article.

if i remember right, he's the one responsible for a lot of people spending $20 on a lure.. :)

Wingnut
09-25-2008, 10:43 AM
thanks for the response wingnut... always an honor to learn from the master.

I bought my lc at fishermans access it was the new Lucky Craft 110 Flash Minnow Metallic Sardine Salt Water Limited Edition.. picked it up when they were having their grand opening sale..

so what knot do you use to tie it on?.. or is that the 20% secret?

That's a must have pattern in your LC arsenal.
Doesn't matter what knot you tie, doesn't affect the retrieve. But I usually use the improved cinch knot or the always reliable Palomar knot. :Wink:

Wingnut
09-25-2008, 10:45 AM
if you search for sinjin kim's halibut articles, you will find ALL the information you'll need. rather it is rod/reel selection, conditions, lure/bait choice, etc. if you REALLY want to know how to present a LC flashminnow the correct way, i suggest looking up that article.

if i remember right, he's the one responsible for a lot of people spending $20 on a lure.. :)

Pretty hard to search for Sinjin's articles when he took them all down... I refer to them myself.

And yes, he "really" knows how to present the LC the correct way and is solely responsible for the thriving success of the Lucky Craft brand. :Wink:

tacklejunkie
09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
doesn't the FW LCFM110 suspend and the SW LCFM110 sink (although very slowly)?

Wingnut
09-25-2008, 11:27 AM
doesn't the FW LCFM110 suspend and the SW LCFM110 sink (although very slowly)?

I don't think so Casey, The only difference that I can tell are the patterns (of course) and the stronger treble hooks. They both seem to have the same action and suspend at the same depth.

Now, If you're talking about the Ito Vision 110... the difference between the fresh & salt water version is the lip. One has the square lip & the other has a rounded lip. :Wink:

uandme
09-25-2008, 12:17 PM
why does the LC work at slow retrieve vs fast retrieve? why are people catching perch, yfc, wsb, halibut, calico on the LC? what makes it different than say.. rapala?

Wingnut
09-25-2008, 12:32 PM
why does the LC work at slow retrieve vs fast retrieve? why are people catching perch, yfc, wsb, halibut, calico on the LC? what makes it different than say.. rapala?

Good question... sounds like we need an expert opinion. Send Sinjin a PM, I'm sure that he can help you like he has helped me. :Cool:

klocked
09-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Looking through all the responses to this post, besides Sinjins, I didn't see anything about proper rod position.

What I do on a jetty is get as close to the water as I can and point my rod tip toward the water at an angle. If you're holding the tip up in the air, the lure wont be able to swim down very deep. I guess the same would apply in the surf too.

Hope this helps

Klocked

Wingnut
09-25-2008, 04:41 PM
There you have it. :Thumbs Up:
Post back up your articles Sinjin, so I don't have to answer so many PM's, I can refer members right to it. :LOL: :Cool:

uandme
09-25-2008, 05:00 PM
NOW i'm satisfied. Thank YOU Sinjin.

sh1nynewlove
09-25-2008, 07:00 PM
thank you so much for everyone's responses... makes everything a bit more clearer... can't wait to try it out today..

sinjin thanks for letting us know that the bite is getting better.. makes me feel better..I just hope and pray it is a sunny morning tomorrow.. :Big Grin:

big thanks go out to wingnut and sinjin...:Not Worthy::Not Worthy:

Wingnut
09-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes, thank YOU Sinjin, and thanks for the call earlier with the "private" surf action update, very exciting news. :Twisted: :Envious: Can't wait to get back out there.
uandme, if you're not fishing with Sinjin already, I suggest booking a trip with the Halijedi, there is a wealth of knowledge there. :Wink:

surfnfish
09-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Sinjin, you fish the LC with straight braid? No leader?

atfish
09-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Thats it no more 12 lb mono learder on my 40lb braid...

exfactor
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
I've been using the X-rap for just this last season, mostly because the LC's are so hard to get, and have had good success with them. It's obvious that LC's work, and I for one would not dispute that. However, there are other lures that work also, and all you need to do is try them. My 2 cents. Mikey

HEMAN
09-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Finally got my hands on a couple of these bad boys... California InShore ones.. same thing.. cant wait to get them out there..

http://www.divshare.com/img/5480308-8ab.jpg

Poke6uy
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
thank you sinjin. this is by far the best infomation i've gotten from this forum.