PDA

View Full Version : it was only a matter of time.......

Captain Boracho
09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Well ive finally joined to army of pontooners.....i picked up bighuffs fish cat from the classifieds....it will be a fishing beast so help me ganesh! Anyone got any tips as far as building a standing platform? what kind of fish finder would work best? oh yeah and the main thing i was wondering is if its possible to paint the toons? Thanks ahead of time for all the tips!

Ronira
09-23-2008, 06:31 PM
:Dancing Banana: Well glad to see you could toon in dawg.:Dancing Banana: Shoot Tacklejunkie a pm on your deck, he made his own. Ton of fishfinder options and upgrades to be had so look your toon over and think about the possibiltys. Look at a lot of toons and use the info to figure out what you might like. Google Bass-n-tubes for some cool photo gallerys. Good luck and let's fish sometime. :Beer Toast: Ron

tacklejunkie
09-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the pontoon side of the force!
The two threads that show my standing deck and my pontoon wheel have all of the pictures erased or I'd post a link to them. I guess they got old :Embarrassed:
I'll try and take some pics of my standing deck and wheel for you next time my toon is assembled. I need to go get that K-pump from bass pro because I broke my other piece of junk pump finally.

Ron what up man we gotta go fish again soon too! Get my PM?

Ronira
09-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeh dawg I got it. trying to work it out as we speak. I'll let you know as soon as I do. :Wink:

Captain Boracho
09-24-2008, 12:45 PM
thanks for the input....we will definately have to hook andc fish ronira.....do u guys happen to know the cost of registering the toon since i will be using the trolling motor....also do u guys have any input on painting the floats?

Ronira
09-24-2008, 01:12 PM
thanks for the input....we will definately have to hook andc fish ronira.....do u guys happen to know the cost of registering the toon since i will be using the trolling motor....also do u guys have any input on painting the floats?
The cost is about $25.00 plus tax on what you paid for the toon. As far as painting your pontoon covers I'm not sure. Depends on the material they're made of. Back in the day when we painted up whitewater rafts we used hypolon ( not sure of the spelling, sounds like hypo lawn ) paint. It's kinda like a pigmented liquid rubber looking stuff. That was a long time ago dawg, early 80's. E-mail OutCast and see what they recommend.