PDA

View Full Version : new lines needed???

lizzay
09-23-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm possibly going on a tuna run tonight, should I change my lines? I went out about 2 weeks ago, didn't hook up much and had replaced the lines for that trip. Should I change them again???

ghetto dad
09-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm possibly going on a tuna run tonight, should I change my lines? I went out about 2 weeks ago, didn't hook up much and had replaced the lines for that trip. Should I change them again???

As long as you freshwater risned them after the last trip, youll be fine...

GD

are you bored?? :ROFL:

one_leg
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
A friend of mine always changes out his line before every trip.

Better safe than sorry.

lizzay
09-23-2008, 01:36 PM
As long as you freshwater risned them after the last trip, youll be fine...

GD

are you bored?? :ROFL:

so I just rinsed them right now, would that work??? lol... Guess I'm gonna have to change em. don't want this last trip to be brought down to my lines breaking. yeah, I'm a bit bored at work, think I'm gonna take off to buys a few spools, new seagar leaders, a big mac, and maybe some bunk curtains. lol!!

ghetto dad
09-23-2008, 01:42 PM
so I just rinsed them right now, would that work??? lol... Guess I'm gonna have to change em. don't want this last trip to be brought down to my lines breaking. yeah, I'm a bit bored at work, think I'm gonna take off to buys a few spools, new seagar leaders, a big mac, and maybe some bunk curtains. lol!!

You and your curtains man......ok, go get new line....see you tonight...HOPEFULLY.....pray to the cambodian buddha holmes....lol

GD

Ricky-Ray
09-23-2008, 01:48 PM
If it were me I would change them out. I put fresh topshot's on all my reels when I'm about to head out on a trip. Even if I didn't use that reel on the last trip I'll still strip it off and put fresh one on.

Line is the cheapest thing to replace and especially if you have spectra backing your only changing out very little.

mako chaser
09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Your line should be fine being only two weeks old. Save your money. Hopefully you used a good quality line (izor, p-line etc.).

Kirk

Nessie Hunter
09-23-2008, 02:57 PM

Dude, I would worry more about my Reels then line if you havnt rinsed them since last outing....

Your asking for major Reel failure....

ASAP after every salt trip (during if possible)...