PDA

View Full Version : I can almost hear the crickets chirp in here....

fishing_addict
09-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Seems to be fewer than the normal amount of posts for this time of the year in here.... aren't the browns about to start their annual spawn? Anyone have any trips planned? Hellllloooooo out there.........

DCCTrouserTrout
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Ha ha ha... I noticed that too. My favorite reports to read are the Eastern Sierra posts and it has been dead...

Badfish2
09-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I still have 3 trips planned.. I'll be headed up there next weekend.

Troutman65
09-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Give it some time. Your getting ahead of yourselfs. Relax, Breath, it will be ok.:LOL::Big Grin::Wink:

one_leg
09-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Some of us used to feel that way about the Salt section too.

I was actually waiting for you guys to post before I'd go.

Hurry up!!!!!

O_L

Badfish2
09-21-2008, 11:21 PM
which reminds me, who's headed up next weekend? I'll be fishing north of lee vining mostly but I'll be stopping at Gull and Grant too

fishing_addict
09-21-2008, 11:28 PM
which reminds me, who's headed up next weekend? I'll be fishing north of lee vining mostly but I'll be stopping at Gull and Grant too

Heading up the following weekend to Bridgeport.

Flying
09-22-2008, 01:18 AM
The wife and I will be going up on the 28th for 6 nights. We mainly hang out between Crowley and the loop.

Base camp will be at a mammoth condo with wifi so I should have daily fish/weather reports.

fndaway66
09-22-2008, 06:13 AM
I've been hunting every weekend this whole month so it's time to fish. Heading up to Bridgeport Twins Oct 10 for a couple days then right back up there in Nov for the closer.

retired/lasd
09-22-2008, 06:39 AM
I have noticed much less activity on all the fishing boards I read. I think the economy is keeping many people home. I have had 9 trips total this year, and have 2 more planned. I'm going next week for 5 days and have a 10 day trip planned for October.

sierraslam
09-22-2008, 06:53 AM
I went last weekend and did well on the Upper Owens. Caught lots of pan sized Bows. Tioga Lake was WFO, as well as Saddlebag Lake. I'm headed back on Oct. 23-27 for some big fish! good fishin!

Trout-Slayer77
09-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Im heading up this weekend for 3 days.. 26th - 28th. Ill be in Bishop area, fishing PVR, South Lake, Sabrina, & bishop creek. Report to follow.

azer
09-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm heading up sometime toward the end of October, hopefully with good weather....I'm definitely gonna hit Twin Lakes, and Crowley, other than that I'd like to to hit a stretch of river somewhere I can take family, that are beginners, where they could catch something fairly easily...any ideas?

billy b
09-24-2008, 11:07 AM
"... in Nov for the closer."

Duhmb question maybe ... When's the close of fishing season? I thought it was the end of October.

fishing_addict
09-25-2008, 06:49 PM
"... in Nov for the closer."

Duhmb question maybe ... When's the close of fishing season? I thought it was the end of October.

I think it's Nov 15th......:Confused:

golfish
09-26-2008, 05:38 PM
I was thinking about heading up to Crowley next weekend. I have 10/2-10/5 scheduled and the boss will be off to take care of the kids. I read in WON today that streamers are working best.

I also read that Crowley is charging a launching fee for tubers. I'm guessing that's only if you launch at the boat dock? I always go in on the back side anywhere from Alligator point up to the mouth..

Flying
09-27-2008, 01:42 PM
I was thinking about heading up to Crowley next weekend. I have 10/2-10/5 scheduled and the boss will be off to take care of the kids. I read in WON today that streamers are working best.

I also read that Crowley is charging a launching fee for tubers. I'm guessing that's only if you launch at the boat dock? I always go in on the back side anywhere from Alligator point up to the mouth..

Its just a use fee just like if you were to go in the main gate. I think it was $4 per vehicle last year ,$10 to camp which was never really allowed before. Its still free to go on the other side of the bridge like you are talking about.