PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Huntington Beach (7-14)

fishhard22
09-18-2008, 09:07 AM
I started out surf fishing on Sunday in HB at sunrise. I was using a drop shot rig and the gulp sand worms both in 2 and 6 inches. I started out with the size 6 to try and land some larger fish like croakers. No Success. All of a sudden I had the urge fish at Bolsa Chica. I decided to bust a mission and walk all the way down to BC. Walking through dog beach and all took about 30 min to an hour. I finally arrived at BC and start fishing the smaller model worm. I started catching the barred and walleye perch. The action was very good and real aggressive perch. I was casting no more than 30 feet. After an hour of perch action I realized I had a long walk ahead of me and decided to start walking back. Didn't get the bigger sized fish like I wanted but the perch are always fun to catch. I still need to get the hang of saltwater fishing and still learning. Maybee I just need to keep fishing haha. Good luck to all.

bergie berg
09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
cool pictures man, check out the parasite on that BSP tail its huge!!!

TunaChaser469
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Next time you make the long walk, fish along the way. Never know what holes youmay find, and never know where the big ones may be laying. Nice pics. thanks for the report.

fishhard22
09-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Next time you make the long walk, fish along the way. Never know what holes youmay find, and never know where the big ones may be laying. Nice pics. thanks for the report.

Thanks for the advice bro. I'm always open to any suggestions as i'm trying to get better at saltwater fishing.

gavin310
09-18-2008, 02:44 PM
yeah you should have hooked that parasite and fished with it. also, dig up a sand crab and hook it. those work great.

chivo
09-19-2008, 08:56 AM
nice fish, HB all the way. the 1st pic looks a bit like a white cappie

fishhard22
09-19-2008, 08:41 PM
yeah you should have hooked that parasite and fished with it. also, dig up a sand crab and hook it. those work great.

Thanks man I appreciate the info.

Santa Fe Eric
09-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Sweet Post!

Gulp makes great Saltwater Bait!

WARRIORMIKE
09-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Sweet Post!

That they do! Just darn expensive though :Evil:

fishhard22
09-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Sweet Post!

Thanks, yeah i'm Gulp all the way. I hardly ever use live bait. I guess i'm stubborn like that haha.