PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Memorial weekend

fndaway66
05-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Arrived Saturday morning. Stayed at the Forks CG just below Intake II. Easy to get the TH in and out, flat and level CG spots but no trees for shade. Oh well that's what the AC is for. Having never fished Bishop before my goal was to try all the lakes and catch some alpers.

7:45am hit up Intake II. C&R about 6 small stockers all on olive woolybuggers. Saw some nice alpers taken. Left around 11am to get in a nap and lunch.

1:00pm went up to Sabrina and was told the fish were at the inlet. Didn't feel like hiking back there so I tried the area to the right of the docks. Tossed out the fly/bubble combo again for a couple small stockers and had the other pole rigged with PB for nothing. Left around 3:30. Nice fly fishing water in the creek area but it was getting hammered by everybody there.

5pm headed back out to Intake for the evening bite. I was really looking to catch one of them alpers. No such luck. But I did catch a bunch of stockers on woolybuggers and mosquitos. left at 8:30

5am Sunday morning headed up to South Lake fished in front of the dam until the boat rentals opened. Took the rental to the inlet beached it and walked the creek for about 100 yards. The fish were stacked up. Caught a bunch with a dry dropper rig, caddis and copper john. Also fished the slide area for a couple on PB. No alpers left at 1pm. Again some great looking flyfishing water heading back to camp. But again it was getting hammered.

3pm fished around camp for some small fish in the creek. Just dabbing a fly in tiny pockets of water.

5pm headed back out to Intake again for that alpers. Unfortunately nothing but a bunch of small stockers again. left around 8pm

Packed up and headed home the next morning.

Definately going to have to flyfish them creeks next time up there. Also if anyone has some info on where to lay out some crawdad traps that would be great

Kurt

greeper
05-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Arrived Saturday morning. Stayed at the Forks CG j Also if anyone has some info on where to lay out some crawdad traps that would be great

Kurt

Gull Lake

Devious 1
05-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Also if anyone has some info on where to lay out some crawdad traps that would be great

Kurt

Make a right on Line St. as you come into Bishop and go about 2 miles until you reach the Owens. Make a left on the dirt road before the river and drive until you reach one of the Atresian pools that drains into the river. Set your trap where the warm water from the Artesian mixes w/ the cold river water and you'll have as many as you want in no time. I got these last weekend there in about 20min.!!!!!

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/DSC00226.JPG[/img]

Headhunter
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Everytime we fish gull lake, there are always people laying out traps around the lake, and we always see them pull up a bunch, so yeah, Gull is a good place for that.

ryanerb
05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Are the crawdads for eating or bait?

Devious 1
05-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Are the crawdads for eating or bait?

:twisted: Both! :twisted:

Troutman65
05-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Mummm Mud bugs !!! LOL !!

My little Bro ordered some over night delivery from Memphis and made homemade gumbo. Good stuff.

Sorry you did not get hooked up on atleast one Alper.

Thanks for the report

TM65

BishopTrouter
05-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Nice report Mr. B :lol: .