PDA

View Full Version : Road closures for North & South Lake

OCGeezer
09-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Is there a set date for the road closure at Aspendell, or is it weather (snow) related? Planning one last trip latter part of October.

Thanks

OCGeezer

Koshaw
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Parcher's site (they are about 1.5 miles from South Lake) says they are open until October 18th... but I bet that depends on the weather conditions.

I would seriously consider checking out the weather reports as any moutainous region can have mega changes in weather conditions at any time. I remember being in Big Bear and fishing and one minute it was sunny...the next it was snowing a bit! O_o. I remember the big fluffy flakes coming down. `Course this was deeper in fall/winter but still...

In June at the Team 57 Event at Parcher's, folx saw sleet in the mountains surrounding that area, only several miles away while hiking/fishing. There was also snow left over in the South Lake parking lot in the shade.

Just be safe and carry chains!

:D

Tight Lines.

Badfish2
09-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Most of those roads will be open until it snows...and if it downs, usually all that shuts down last weekend of October. I've seen that road open after that even..