PDA

View Full Version : pier fishing/night

jrockn
09-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I know that lot of people use frozen peas. Would that work as well at night time. What baits would work? Du you know if plastics would work?

thanks
JR :D

bonitoboy
09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I am not sure what pier you would be going to or what you would fish for, but plastics will work. I have not fished a pier seriously in a while but I used to go to the Redondo pier. Both the small and large pier. At the small pier, most people use bait to, well imo, catch bait. Squid, anchovies, mussels, mackeral all work to catch, in my case mostly mackarel, senorita fish, and smelt. The big pier I have used bonito feathers, krocs, Gulp squid, kastmasters hooked up to a castabubble. You would use this to catch bonito, but it has been a while since I have seen one of those. Plastics coated in smelly jelly (squid) will work well too. Mostly you will pick up a bunch of mack. You can try a heavy pyramid sinker and send that sucker out for some hali and shark, but I just don't have the patience for that. Hope this works and bring a friend, if possible a big one, I have been hearing some bad stuff going on the piers, thats why I stopped fishing on them. Good luck!