PDA

View Full Version : guys with no bunks??

lizzay
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
So on the last and only 2 overnights I've done this year I would wake up at say around 3am to use the jon and I would notice one or two guys laying down in the galley seats sleeping with either their arm covering their face or some would have a towel over their eyes. I never understood this, don't they have a bed to go to? Maybe they just got extremely drunk off the light beers and passed out?

HEMAN
09-15-2008, 05:58 PM
i've been guilty of this once... you drink and drink. next thing u know.. you're gone... i've caught a couple guys too... it's pretty funny...

Troutman65
09-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Or maybe there were ont any bunks for them. I have seen this before and Its happened to me also. I would never do it again:mad:

ghetto dad
09-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Or maybe there were ont any bunks for them. I have seen this before and Its happened to me also. I would never do it again:mad:

Alot of guys tend to get seasick sleeping in a bunkroom......

GD

lizzay
09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Alot of guys tend to get seasick sleeping in a bunkroom......

GD

That one makes plenty of sense.

Troutman65
09-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Yeah it gets really nasty when someone hurls down there.:mad:

BIGRED KILLA
09-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Last charter boat i went on JSAUSE picked the boat and there were no bunks so i slept on the bow of the boat on the floor no cushions lol my pillow was the anchor rope.

Bigred Killa

lizzay
09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Last charter boat i went on JSAUSE picked the boat and there were no bunks so i slept on the bow of the boat on the floor no cushions lol my pillow was the anchor rope.

Bigred Killa

So I should try to get to the landing early and put my bag on my bunk before signing in... Thanks for all the info, I was a bit curious as to the reasons behind it.

ghetto dad
09-15-2008, 07:48 PM
So I should try to get to the landing early and put my bag on my bunk before signing in... Thanks for all the info, I was a bit curious as to the reasons behind it.
we sell 36 tickets, and have 36 bunks...

GD

flopps1
09-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I slept in the galley on my last 2 dayer.....Had a bunk assigned....

The problem was that the guy next to me snored like a bear on crack!!!! Only thing between us was a curtain. Magine trying to sleep through that?

Couldn't handle it and had to find somewhere more quiet. Galley it was.

Other then that, usually guys that had one too many or guys who don't like to tight space are the ones that slept in the galley.

BIGRED KILLA
09-15-2008, 08:41 PM
The charter boat i went on had no bunks they had a big v berth in the front but the crew used it as storage but you will be okay they have bunks.

Bigred Killa

flopps1
09-15-2008, 08:42 PM

You should have complained about that one. You're paying to get a bunk. Bad service for sure.

Ricky-Ray
09-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Never been on an overnight trip or longer where there were more anglers than bunks. Most of the time it's usually the angler chooses to sleep in the galley for one reason or another. I've been guilty of this on some ocassions. A few times the weather get's rough and alot of times the galley's have window's so I go to the galley, open up some windows to get some fresh air and I'm able to sleep. Other times it's just way too hot in the bunk room. Been on a trip or two where the bunk room could have used some air freshner. I'm sure there are other reasons.

Ray Lopez
09-16-2008, 07:46 PM

Bigred Killa

thats what you get for letting Jesse pick the boat lol

peezy
09-16-2008, 07:58 PM
One of the boats I went on had bunks stacked three high. It was hard for me to sleep because I felt so claustrophobic (combined with beer and sleeping all the way on the floor).

bonestock
09-17-2008, 04:12 PM
claustrophobia, hot, smelly, snorers, people with massive flatulent activity during sleep.

no thanks.