PDA

View Full Version : 9/13 Mission Bay/Islandia (NEVER AGAIN!!!)

CoolBreeze
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Dolphin, Mission Bay Sportfishing, San Diego
Count: 54 anglers, 8 fish
1 Albacore, 1 Yellowfin, 1 Dorado, 5 Skipjack

First off: The crew of the Dolphin (Capt. Jason Coz, Chris, Kevin, Michelle, and forgot the other) were top notch. Excellent day of Whale Watching

BUT…………………………………………………………….
The landings crew, were Cheats and Scoundrels

Prelude:
I’m born and raised in Ventura County, fishing Channel Islands since I was 5.
Called Mission Bay on 9/3 because I read some great reports and got some good feedback from FNN. Spoke to Josh (and wrote it down) about bringing my GF for her first ocean fishing trip and heard the tuna were on the chew. I asked Josh if I could bring my coach (22ft Itasca) and park there at the landing like I do at Channel Islands. He said “Yes absolutely, we have plenty of parking at the Hyatt and up and down the street. He also stated that it would be “no problem” I could fill up my fresh water tank when I got here.

I was scheduled to go on the Dominator with a max load of 30 people for ¾ day Mexican waters. The fee would be $75.00 plus $15.00 Mexican fishing permit per person.

I called to confirm on 9/10 and spoke to Mark, he said the Dominator was chartered and we have been switched to the Dolphin. All same terms applied, the fee would be $75.00 plus $15.00 Mexican fishing permit per person. He said “Yes absolutely bring your coach; we have plenty of parking at the Hyatt and up and down the street. He also stated that it would be “no problem” I could fill up my fresh water tank when I got here.

Here is the story:

9/12
Set out from Oxnard (Channel Islands) at 2:00, met GF at my house in Thousand Oaks at 2:30, waited for GF to pack. On the road at 3:30pm.

L.A. traffic sucks, and I recited “what the hell was I thinking” for the next 4 hours.
Arrived at dock at 8:00, nowhere to park, Hyatt lot has 50% valet and the rest was full. The street sign says no parking from 2-4am. WTF.. parked on street anyhow.

Talk to Josh in landing office, he says “there’s no place to park a motorhome and we don’t have any water available for your tanks”, he also said “I didn’t say these things to you and I don’t know why Mark would say that either” also there are 60 people booked for tomorrow”. (I can see how this is going).

I decided to park in the restaurant next door; sign says no unauthorized parking or vehicle will be towed. I figured nobody would be there all night or even at 5am. So I would move to the street after I got up. They also had a water spiket to fill my coach.

9/13 - 5:00am.
Went to boat house and was told the boat had 75 people scheduled so far, decided “we’re here so why not”. Paid 190.00 (95.00 ea) and put my poles and tackle box on back corner of boat.

I went back to move my coach and sent GF to the boat to sign up for jackpot. They told her to go to office and pay. She paid 95.00ea plus 20.00ea for Mexican permit plus 5.00 gas surcharge plus 3.00 jackpot ea. was supposed to be 90.00 NOT 123.00ea (246.00).

Total so far $436.00

The whole rail was full of rentals, I’d say maybe 40 Noobs. The Fishing was terrible, Marine life was incredible. Crew was great. Capt. Jason was bustin his butt trying to put us on fish, and the crew working with tangles. Fun anyhow, that’s cattle boat fishing.
Capt said, Too much bait in the water I guess.

The Day After:

9/14,
At the San Diego Zoo. Got a private tour from a friend. Got to feed Elephants and Giraffes. I Asked my girl to buy me a beer and she said she was out of money. Found out then about the double charges, so we went back to Mission Bay after the Zoo.

I dropped my girl while I parked, she was speaking to Josh who was being very condescending to her, and said because she paid cash there was no proof and therefore she was probably lying. He said they keep no records at the landing and the Hyatt handles all of their transactions. He said there was nobody to call and no way to help us. WTF

I decided not to beat this guy, swallowed my rage, and left with no help.

The Followup:

9/15
Called twice and spoke with Rex, no return call.
Called 3rd time and spoke to Travis (helpful), he said it is very hard to keep track because the crew lets a lot of unpaid people on the boat and they do not have to sign any lists (one of these freebies won the jackpot). He said to fax the receipt and I suggested check the signup list for double entries.

We’ll see if I get my money back.

cappo
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Well that sucks. Did you happen to pay with a credit card? I would call them up and dispute the charges.

Hope it works out for you man.

ghetto dad
09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
:Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: shady man...sorry brother........you can park your motorhome at LBSF....lol.....sorry about the bad experience man...

GD

ghetto dad
09-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Well that sucks. Did you happen to pay with a credit card? I would call them up and dispute the charges.

Hope it works out for you man.

did you even read that cappo??? :ROFL:

lizzay
09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
And to think I was about to go to this landing before and prob. sometime when their counts are good. I must say that I'm very happy I didn't and I thank you for the info. I love salt fishing and getting back into it but one thing I never missed was the scandalous things some of these landings or crews do or say. Especially seeing some people working hard for their YFT or dodos and when we land there fishes are somehow "misplaced" or "go talk to the captain or check the boat, maybe it fell off the cart..." WOW! I'd kill a guy for not having my fishes for me. Hope you had a great time nonetheless.

CoolBreeze
09-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Since I dont post much, I thought I'd vent

I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back from my girl

cappo
09-15-2008, 04:53 PM
did you even read that cappo??? :ROFL:

yes i did jack ***, I dont see where it says that he paid cash, his gf paid in cash.

Stop thread jacking.

Carry on.......

ghetto dad
09-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Since I dont post much, I thought I'd vent

I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back from my girl

lol...never noticed that...12 posts in 4 years.....post more!! lol..take it easy man'

GD

ghetto dad
09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
yes i did jack ***, I dont see where it says that he paid cash, his gf paid in cash.

Stop thread jacking.

Carry on.......

his gf paid in cash for BOTH of them.....thats why she was broke.......why you gotta call people names.....

GD

Ambassadorhawg
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING WITH CASH IF CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED....EVEN IF THERE IS A SMALL SURCHARGE TO USE THE CARD....DO IT!!! This is how you will be able to keep yourself from getting screwed again in the future. It's terrible that this had to happen to you. I had a great experience at that landing earlier in the Summer. But I have had good and bad experiences at EVERY LANDING!

Anyway, hope this never happens to you again, anywhere, anytime and using a card will dramitically reduce the possiblity...

JapanRon
09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi CoolBreeze,

All I have to say is what ????? One hour to pack and delaying a fishing trip !! First things ... first !! Get a new gf !!

JapanRon

mstr fish
09-16-2008, 12:21 AM
CoolBreeze states,I decided to park in the restaurant next door; sign says no unauthorized parking or vehicle will be towed. I figured nobody would be there all night or even at 5am. So I would move to the street after I got up. They also had a water spiket to fill my coach.

Did you feel up your coach at the expense of the restaurant? Did they know? Could it be Karma?.........................fish

Troutman65
09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Hi CoolBreeze,

All I have to say is what ????? One hour to pack and delaying a fishing trip !! First things ... first !! Get a new gf !!

JapanRon

:Shocked: That was kind of Harsh. :Shocked:

That sucks about your getting double charged.

Thanks for the read.

Troutman65
09-16-2008, 12:45 AM
CoolBreeze states,I decided to park in the restaurant next door; sign says no unauthorized parking or vehicle will be towed. I figured nobody would be there all night or even at 5am. So I would move to the street after I got up. They also had a water spiket to fill my coach.

Did you feel up your coach at the expense of the restaurant? Did they know? Could it be Karma?.........................fish

:Shocked: Now you jump all over this poor guy.:Shocked: Whats next?

mstr fish
09-16-2008, 12:52 AM
:Shocked: Now you jump all over this poor guy.:Shocked: Whats next?

I was not jumping on anyone was just asking a question. Sorry if I came off that way.......................fish

Simplyeman
09-16-2008, 12:57 AM
"I decided not to beat this guy, swallowed my rage, and left with no help."

Pretty impressive....whenever i feel the need to calm down and not act out, i just go against what im thinking lol......because later on it will plague my mind....so yea i would have decked him.

CoolBreeze
09-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I forgot to say
On the boat we met a family of coal miners from Utah (11 people) who were on vacation.
This was their first time fishing and their 10 year old caught the first fish. Albacore
The 10 year old said they were flying home in the morning and gave me his fish.

My GF and I parked at the end of the street, had Sashimi, Beer and Hot Saki, that night, with a killer view of the harbor.

Wonderful people from Utah.

Ire
09-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Am I a bad guy? The first thing I though was "If I don't get my money back. I'm going to gut you like a fish"
(Yes I do carry my Fillet knife most of the time. but I'm actually a nice guy)

one_leg
09-16-2008, 01:39 PM
THAT'S BUNK MAN, TOTAL BUNK.

Sorry to hear it.

O_L

OnDaHunt4Fish
09-18-2008, 03:12 PM
F**k up trip

CoolBreeze
09-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Finally got reimbursed today, I also included some pics of the weekend.
We had a lot of fun.