PDA

View Full Version : Gull,Grant report and Convict ?

billy b
09-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Fished Grant at the inlet on Thursday for about 1.5 hours until rained out. Got three on Berkley twists ... 2 foot leader. Hit Gull Friday ... not much luck at all. A 5 and 7 lber had just come out in the last couple of days. Hot lure was supposed to be the TasDevil Pink Lady...but I got no love. Caught three, anchored on power worm and salmon peach. Friday a.m. returned to Grant inlet and caught 6 in about 3.5 hours and I was probably doing the best. Used orange PB for two and the other 4 on NC's ... again with about a 2ft leader. The one bright spot was getting a 2# brownie on Friday.

We had more important things to do, it seemed. Had to celebrate 39 years by staying at Double Eagle, eating at Carson Peak Inn, etc. Oh...and then headed down to the Coliseum for a brief stop on Saturday night to watch the BIG game ... FIGHT ON !!!

Flying
09-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Double E and the Peak, sounds like a good trip already.:Thumbs Up:

Was this a 39 year wedding anniversary ?

If so very impressive.:Applause:

Badfish2
09-16-2008, 12:59 AM
When it's raining in the sierras..it's the best time to fish up there. Fish come up to the surface.. throw lures when that happens

billy b
09-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Good thought. I need to find a poncho or good backpacking type jacket to carry with me.

And... yes it was our 39th wedding anniversary.

chris
09-20-2008, 08:16 AM
congrats and thanks for the report

billy b
09-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks, Chris. Wish I had more to report. I always like to share 411.

I'm a SoCal transplant (in more than one way) ... so I'll have to learn about all the Sierra fishing stops, tips, etc. But, I'll always give a report ... even if dismal.