PDA

View Full Version : King Harbor 9/14

bonitoboy
09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

Went to King Harbor this Sunday to try out my new fish finder. Fished 11am -245pm. It is a humminbird smart cast. I got the one with the display on a wristwatch. Worked like a charm! Only problem is the fish would speed through in schools so you only had like a few seconds to adjust your line to match the range. Pretty much though everytime the fish alarm would go off expect to get a nibble.

GF picked up a large mack right off the bat with her first cast. Then picked up a senorita, damn pests, smelt too! Did not feel like catching any bait. I picked up a short calico (11in). Foul hooked this sucker. Took me a while to pull this guy up. Had a couple kayakers pull up to me, one supportive, the other told me that "fish are our friends, don't kill him" Don't know why this guy was so hard to pull up but he had me bendo like I was stuck in rocks or seaweed. But I knew it was a fish with the shakes and all. Anyhoo, timed this one at 4min to color, when I finally boated him I could not believe that he was 1. a Calico, ( I thought some ray or shark at least) and 2. That he was short. Anyway, spent a few more hours for a 14 in and an 11 in sandbass. Farmed a couple more probable short bass and called it a day. I have pics but just got a crappy camera and do not know how to download just yet.

Free Fishing Day is Sept 27, 2008! Introduce somebody to our sport.

crappie stalker
09-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Way to get out and enjoy what was created for us..
CS

kgselect
09-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Nice report. Did you have your own boat or were you able to rent a skiff? The last time I was there, they only had 2 skiffs available for rent.

bonitoboy
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Thanks for the responses. I have an inflatable that I take out there. It paid for itself after a few trips.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi Thanks for the responses. I have an inflatable that I take out there. It paid for itself after a few trips.
Nice job there bonitoboy.....by the way....spot any bonies anytime recently out there ?

I know a nice lil spot for some flatties in the back bay at redondo....PM me and I'll clue ya in on it...