PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day at NPH Dock

flyngby
05-29-2007, 07:04 PM
It seems the fish observed Memorial Day.

Returned to the dock to find all the cover gone!! Knew it might be a long day. Also lots of large vessels wishing to come to drop folks off at the dock. No problem, treat them with respect and offer to assist with the tie off while they are there and it makes them happy.

It was very slow for 2 hours until Mitch hooked the YFC, then the short Butt. 2 young boys approx 7-8 Yr Old arrive and came onto the dock. Within 30 sec. 1 got the bite that tangled on the bottom. I attempted to help him get it free with no luck.

My line went off screaming and I sent Mitch to the nearby vehicle to get the net. It was big but rubbed me off in the dock pole after 15 min on the 10 lb line.

From then on for the next 3 hrs the kids got a dink Butt and Mitch a BMP.

We Decided to explore other options as the bite was obviously off. Took a short drive and explored a new dock.

Almost immediatly line went screaming and stopped, rebait and Big Bendo. Was a tough battle on the 10 lb. line but it held and was able to use the new net purchaced last week.

Mitch was able to get 4 Spotties, the corbina, and a smelt at the new location.

SanDimasLMB
05-29-2007, 08:57 PM
good job again :lol: you just keep on slaying them there :thumb:

JUNSTER
05-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Looks like the new spot payed off! Did u finally get to use ur new net? :D

victor101
05-29-2007, 09:28 PM
NICE :thumb:

Granny Fish
05-29-2007, 11:51 PM
That looks like a nice rubber lip perch you got there. You ought to try the surf at NPB.

one_leg
05-30-2007, 02:44 AM
Too bad about your big 'Butt.

Good tip about helping boaters tie off.
If you get too popular though you might not ever get to do any fishing!

One_Leg