PDA

View Full Version : Dockwiler/El Porto

britheguy
09-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone!

Went out for a surf fishing excursion today. Went to turners at around 12-ish and picked up a Calcutta 201B and Diwa Coastal rod. So far I like it. Picked up some luckycrafts and some plastics too.

Got suited up at around 2 with my new WFO Ausome fanny pack :LOL:, I do like it but its too big! Evan came up with the ingenious idea of tying some fishing line to my waders so it would stay up, and it did.

Started out throwing some plastics into the surf, then changed to a LC, While Evan was being smart and throwing a Dropshot with a GULP split tail something rather, Haha. No bites yet :Neutral:.

We make our way up the beach to a jetty near Dockwiler, and fish there for a while. Evan and I keep getting tapped by what we think are little surf perch on the dropshot. The people next to us bring up a nice guitar fish and some surf perch. We do land some small ones, but nothing to good.

We make a big move all the way to the Manhattan Pier. Ugh, the walk kills me. I'm in slightly over sized waders with 2 rods in a "Fanny pack" that barely fits me in big ***** boots, haha. We get there and meet this really nice guy who catches us some bait. Thanks man! Evan really wants to catch a shark because some people next to us caught a nice leopard shark. I only stay at the pier for about 20 minutes. But I did get hit a few times, but nothing pulled up...Oh Well! It was a pretty fun day, getting my new setup and a learning experience for both Evan and myself since this was the 2nd time fishing the surf for us.

I hope to see you guys out there sometime.

Brian

I now feel like crap, but I hope to feel better by tomorrow.

Robert trout hunter
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
arg ! lucky

bsp
09-14-2008, 08:45 PM
You guys were fishing my home beach! If you had been there earlier this summer, you would have probably seen me and my friends. The corbina bite was decent, but it has recently died down. The move from Docweiler to Manhattan is a pain, but I am startled that you guys found no fish along the way.

If you want some leopard shark action, catch some small surf perch (use a tiny piece of gulp) and fly line them. If you feel really adventurous, wear a wetsuit next time and free dive for them.

britheguy
09-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah we didn't fish the El Porto side much because there were a LOT of surfers and swimmers. Next time I'm going to hit a bay!

See ya out there!

Wingnut
09-14-2008, 11:56 PM
You walked from Dockweiler to the Mahattan Beach pier?!? :Shocked: That's hardcore, well done young man. :Cool: I like your style of surf fishing. :Wink:
Keep up the good work... you will get better and learn new things every time you go out there. :Big Grin:

Troutman65
09-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Nice going out there. Thanks for the post. Maybe next outing take some pics.?

fishhard22
09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Awesome bro that's my kind of style of fishing haha. I always make big moves and constantly walking and working different areas of the beach. Congrats on the fish.