PDA

View Full Version : "Fall Brawl" Halibut Derby!! LBSF

ghetto dad
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Hey guys, we are having a fall halibut "mini-derby" here at Long Beach Sportfishing. This is one of the things I told you that I had in the works!! Let's go fishing!!

Long Beach Sport Fishing’s

“Fall Brawl” Halibut Derby!!

October 1st-November 30th 2008

Come warm up your Halibut Fishing Skills for the upcoming 2009 “Pot of Gold” Halibut Derby at Long Beach Sport fishing!

The “Icon” will be running this special tournament starting Wednesday, October 1st until Sunday November 30th 2008. The boat will depart Wednesdays-Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and return no later than 3:15 p.m. In this tournament, there is only a weekly prize, and a final “Big Fish” prize.

The cost of the trip is $45 per person, no discounts or Jnr/Snr rates. Two dollars ($2) of the fare is contributed to a weekly jackpot, and three dollars ($3) of the fare will be contributed to the “Biggest Fish” jackpot.

Please see attached Fall Brawl Halibut Derby rules. Thank you, and let’s go catch some fish!!!

Fall Brawl Halibut Derby Rules

The Fall Brawl Halibut Derby begins Wednesday October 1st and will run thru Sunday November 30th. There will be a prize for the biggest fish of each week, and a prize for the biggest fish of the tournament. Don’t miss this opportunity to catch a halibut and win!
The Derby will be departing Wednesday-Sunday at 9am with a ticket cost of $45, which includes all entry fees. The derby will be aboard The Icon. Following are the official rules of the Derby:

FALL BRAWL HALIBUT TOURNAMENT

RULES AND TOURNAMENT INFORMATION

1. THE 2008 FALL BRAWL HALIBUT TOURNAMENT STARTS WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 1ST, AND WILL END SUNDAY NOVEMBER 30TH 2008.
2. The tournament will take place aboard the vessel the “Icon”. It will run Wednesday-Sunday, departing at 9am returning by 3 pm. In the event that a day is missed due to weather or mechanical failure it will not be made up.
3. Each paid ticket is the angler's entry into the Fall Brawl Halibut Tournament. No additional contributions required by the angler. Anglers cannot use previous passes to participate in the Fall Brawl Halibut Tournament.
4. Ticket cost is $45. From each paid angler; Three Dollars ($3) of the fare contributed to the “Big Fish” Jackpot, and Two Dollars ($2) of the fare is contributed to a weekly jackpot. The $2 weekly contribution MUST be paid in cash when purchasing each boat ticket.
5. Each Week, measured as Wednesday - Sunday, the angler whose legal halibut is the heaviest of all daily trips for that week will receive the weekly jackpot.
6. The angler whose legal halibut remains the heaviest caught for the entire tournament from October 1st, 2008 to November 30th, 2008 will receive the Fall Brawl prize.
7. All disputes will be settled by the Captain of the Day aboard the Icon. All decisions regarding dispute are final.
8. Crew members aboard the Icon may supervise the weighing of legal halibut caught that the anglers feel qualifies for the Jackpot. It is the angler’s responsibility to make sure the legal halibut is weighed. The final & official weighing will take place in the office at the conclusion of the trip
9. Anglers must successfully hook and land all halibut. Crew may assist angler in landing caught halibut at the point the halibut is to come over the rail of the boat by use either by gaff or net.
10. Anyone caught cheating will be terminated from the tournament immediately and not allowed to win any prizes for the tournament.
11. Participants of the Fall Brawl Halibut Tournament agree to allow Long Beach Sport fishing and Icon Sport fishing to use participants name and picture in media and print publications including advertisements
12. No Employee of either Long Beach Sport fishing or participating tournament vessels shall be permitted to participate in the Fall Brawl Tournament.
13. Absolutely no non-participants i.e. crew members, non-tournament prize passes, or other non-paying fisherman shall be permitted to fish aboard any vessel during Fall Brawl fishing trips.
14. Long Beach Sport fishing reserves the right to suspend any fishing vessel or fisherman violating any rules of the tournament. Participants aboard the vessel at the time of any infraction shall not be penalized for the actions of the vessel or violating fisherman.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ANNUAL LONG BEACH SPORTFISHING “POT OF GOLD” HALIBUT TOURNAMENT IS STILL GOING TO TAKE PLACE IN JANUARY 2009!! THIS TOURNAMENT WILL OFFER LOTS OF DAILY, WEEKLY, AND FINAL PRIZES!!! WE ALSO HAVE GREAT SPONSORS FOR THIS EVENT!! DON’T MISS EITHER HALIBUT DERBY!!***

ghetto dad
09-13-2008, 11:25 PM
bump......

one_leg
09-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Wow!!! I feel sorry for you having to type up all that boilerplate mumbo jumbo about the rules.
:LOL:

This might help get people down to the salt this fall, so that's a good thing.
Better than rockfishing even perhapsshhhh.
:Big Grin:

Halibut fishing is fun fun fun. I know how much you like doing it Steve!!!

Maybe Santa Fe Eric will be inspired to write a rap about the Phlat Girls and balls a bouncing?

I was amazed when I saw all the pics of the huge flatties on the wall the first time I entered LBSF.

Thanks GD for another cool opportunity to fish the salt.

Gotta get ready to go do some more NO REPORT fishing now.
Talk to you later, Chief.

ghetto dad
09-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Wow!!! I feel sorry for you having to type up all that boilerplate mumbo jumbo about the rules.

:LOL:

This might help get people down to the salt this fall, so that's a good thing.
Better than rockfishing even perhapsshhhh.
:Big Grin:

Halibut fishing is fun fun fun. I know how much you like doing it Steve!!!

Maybe Santa Fe Eric will be inspired to write a rap about the Phlat Girls and balls a bouncing?

I was amazed when I saw all the pics of the huge flatties on the wall the first time I entered LBSF.

Thanks GD for another cool opportunity to fish the salt.

Gotta get ready to go do some more NO REPORT fishing now.

Talk to you later, Chief.

Go get em alan.....

GD

ghetto dad
09-16-2008, 09:55 PM
bump......

sansou
09-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm not much of a halibut fisherman, but this sounds like fun! Thanks for posting this GD!

ghetto dad
09-16-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm not much of a halibut fisherman, but this sounds like fun! Thanks for posting this GD!

yeah, me neiither rich.....but i figure once these tuna stop biting (which i PRAY isnt till i can make at least ONE trip), it gives people something to do besides Rockfishing........

GD

sansou
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Roger that GD. Good luck on your sunday 1.5 dayer!

My last trip (overnighter this past saturday) was no bueno 35-40 miles toward the 43. In short, I SHARED jackpot with 2 other dudes as we all caught a 6lb yellowtail (couldn't figure out the true winner cause all they had was a chantillion scale). This is #2 relatively fishless trip in a row!!

If you seem me on your boat, run away, cause I feel like baaad baaad luck these days!!

Tightlines!

ghetto dad
09-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Roger that GD. Good luck on your sunday 1.5 dayer!

My last trip (overnighter this past saturday) was no bueno 35-40 miles toward the 43. In short, I SHARED jackpot with 2 other dudes as we all caught a 6lb yellowtail (couldn't figure out the true winner cause all they had was a chantillion scale). This is #2 relatively fishless trip in a row!!

If you seem me on your boat, run away, cause I feel like baaad baaad luck these days!!

Tightlines!

LOL....sansou_the_black_cloud.....yeah.....i hope we even get out man...i NEED to catch at least ONE......i dont care if its only 6 lbs.....they are all the SAME size in the papers....

GD

Gmoney
09-17-2008, 10:47 AM
man i gots to get out and fish...this sounds fun to me.
hope everyone is well
see ya soon

G$

ghetto dad
09-17-2008, 10:49 AM
man i gots to get out and fish...this sounds fun to me.
hope everyone is well
see ya soon

G$

Come on out G...chance at winning a few $$.....i miss ya homie.....

GD

ghetto dad
09-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Hey guys and girls, this starts NEXT WEDNESDAY!! :Big Grin: We are currently taking reservations for this derby, please call the landing @ 562 432 8993

GD

Steve
Manager LBSF

ghetto dad
09-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks dean.....

GD

deanhall32
09-25-2008, 07:59 AM
No comment Chief