PDA

View Full Version : May 20th - 25th, Crowley, June, Bridgeport and Gull.

Procure kid
05-29-2007, 05:21 PM
\Late post...have'nt had much time since I got back. Me and about 14 buddies headed up for our annual May trip, and stayed at Big Rock Resort. The price has gone up each year at old Big Rock (been staying there for 30 years since I was 7!) but the newest owners (MIKE P.) couldnt be nicer!! and they have improved the cabins as well! But back to the fishing...

June was slow....but steady the first day. Not wide open as in the past. We ended up catching a ton of fish over the week on June mostly during the evenings off rental boats along the Reed's left of Big Rocks Marina. All small except for two fish....Old Grumpy Cook hooked into a 5 3/4 pounder.... beautiful fish!...pictures in the tackle shop at Big Rock (Bob Cook). And a 3 1/2 pounder as well (pic in shop, Rob Wolfe). Other than that...all stocker stuff. Inflated nightcrawlers and tossed Thomas Bouyants were the ticket as usual....the troll was DEAD!!!

Gull lake was the worst. This use to be the best of all the lakes for our crew...but over the past 3 years it has slowly gotten worse and worse?? We use to kill it on the troll on this lake, and the bait fishing was wide open! Now your lucky not to get skunked! Eventually the stocke truck rolled through, we tossed spinners for about an hour catching and releasing about twenty pathetic stockers (at least we had a little fun).

Bridgeprt was bad as well.....justy as bad as Gull. We caught one 2 3/4 pound fish, and about 5-6 smaller, and that was it! We didnt see ANYONE catching fish. The cartoon character working at the marina sad it has been really slow for weeks....wind was really bad, and the anchors they have on the rentals up there are worthless...way to light and small!

On to Crowley....good old Crowely. We lit it up on the last day....weather was perfect, slight ripple and not to many boats on the water. We fished over by the floating toilet...and no matter were we moved we found fish. Not wide open, but every 10-15 minutes we hooked into a 2 pound plus fish that fought like a tuna!! No joke, 4 of us caught over 20 fish....and almost ever single one was 2-3 pounds. It was awesome!!! We rented a barge (nice set ups, really comfortable and easy to anchor ...nice heavy anchors!) and it was well worth the money!!

Attached a few pics of our Crowley day.....thats old nichi getting the patent Crowley "bend-o!!".....until next time, later.

donxrac3r
05-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Very Nice

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/05/03/borat_narrowweb__300x367,0.jpg

INDOANGLER2
05-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks for a good report. As I was reading it, I said to myself" why didnt they go to Crowley". And then you did at the end. Crowley is my favorite place, all the others are nice but when it comes to quality fish you can't beat it.

Granny Fish
05-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Maybe it is still a little early for those upper lakes IMO. Looks like you did get on to some nice fish never the less. Thanks for the report.

greeper
05-30-2007, 12:06 AM
\

Bridgeprt was bad as well.....justy as bad as Gull. We caught one 2 3/4 pound fish, and about 5-6 smaller, and that was it! We didnt see ANYONE catching fish. The cartoon character working at the marina sad it has been really slow for weeks....wind was really bad, and the anchors they have on the rentals up there are worthless...way to light and small!

I wouldn't give up on Bridgeport, it can blow away Crowley hands down and Crowley has always been my favorite lake up there. As for the Cartoon character that guy is a trip, but he was right on, all the guides up there have been struggling to find the bite for about 3 weeks now. You got lucky at Crowley, that bite had really slowed down also.

Troutman65
05-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Congrats on your nice catch

Thanks for the report and pics.

TM65