PDA

View Full Version : Bishop or not

Captainklinger
05-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Hello all. I am a creature of habit always going to Sabrina and the owens river and waters arround Bishop. Last trip was to june loop. This time I have a free cabin in Mammoth. I havent fished there much so I have my reservations. Any thoughts I am going in 3 weeks and Im a stream and a trolling guy with a boat

INDOANGLER2
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
I was at Sibrena last week and the water is still very low, don't know how it be in 3 weeks, but the fishing is always the same. Standard stockers with an Alper mixed in if you get lucky. If your staying in Mammoth you are only a short way from Crowley, make that your first stop and you just might get hooked for life, I did. ANd if you want to fish the mountain Lakes you are right there by Convict and all the Mamoth lakes. Have fun.

Granny Fish
05-30-2007, 12:05 AM
You say you have a free cabin in Mammoth? What luck... I say go for it.... have fun. Personally, I'd be looking for some back country lakes that I could hike into. Tons of them back in there.

castlekid
05-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Mammoth is a great centralized location. There are the lakes above Mammoth: Twin, Mary, Mamie, George, as well as easily hiked to high country lakes. San Joaquin river. You can go to Crowley, Convict, Upper Owens, and Rock Creek Lake within 45 minutes. June Loop is only 25 miles north. We have even ventured as far as Lundy and Virginia from there. And if you need to have a Sabrina Bishop fix is about an hour. As you know the country is beautiful up there and the drives seem to fly by. Get a Mono Inyo map.

Have a great time! :D