PDA

View Full Version : Lake Spooner

stickfightersmama
09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I drove up to lake tahoe to go fishing but didn't realize how big it really was. Lake tahoe is like the ocean it is huge!!! So it was super crowed so I drove up the road about 5 miles to lake spooner because I heard there was good fishing up there. I tried a few lewers but I had no luck. My boyfriend got a tiger trout but threw it back because it was to small. The only thing I caught that day was a guarder snake that ended up getting way from my storage that I had it in. I late realized that insead of fishing down deep the fish where biting right at the top. How I came up with this conclusion was I was getting bord of no bites and just sitting there I was like like I wonder if I take a ball of hot pink sparkley power bait and throw it in if anything will jump up and get it. To my suprise something did. So I tried this again and again about 20-30 times and every time they did. So I decided I was going to fish like that no weight just let it float well.....as soon as I did this they stoped. Its like the fish knew there was a hook in power bait. I even tried different colors as well. Its a very nice peaceful lake. It cost $6.00 to get in and there is day use area, camp ground and also some hiking places there. Lake spooner reminds me alot of one of the small lakes just when you get into big bear. I can't remember the name of it but its right at the top of the mountain before you get to big bear lake. I recommend if you want to try a nice, beautiful, peaceful lake you should try this one if your in the area. Sorry no pictures of this trip.

Troutman65
09-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Cool you got out and fished a bit. Sorry about the skunk. That happens. Thanks for the post.:Big Grin:

stickfightersmama
09-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Even if I get skunked I still make a good time of it. You don't have to caught fish to have a good time.

Cool you got out and fished a bit. Sorry about the skunk. That happens. Thanks for the post.:Big Grin:

SoCalGuy7
09-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Always good to get out....Lake Tahoe is huge, been years since I have been there....

Which lures were you using?

SCG7

one_leg
09-11-2008, 12:20 AM
That was a real nice report. Do you mean Green Valley Lake near Big Bear?

stickfightersmama
09-11-2008, 12:24 AM
an old nips lure

Always good to get out....Lake Tahoe is huge, been years since I have been there....

Which lures were you using?

SCG7

stickfightersmama
09-11-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure I will have to ask my mom on that one because I don't remember the name of the lake I just know we use to go up there like every weekend.

That was a real nice report. Do you mean Green Valley Lake near Big Bear?

SoCalGuy7
09-11-2008, 12:32 AM
an old nips lure

Do you use small kastmasters or thomas buoyants?
They're great....

Another thing.....the trout might have seen your line...and not know there was a hook in the bait....:Wink:

2-4lb line for trout....

We've hung out/fished with your parents a few times...great people!

stickfightersmama
09-11-2008, 09:06 AM
yeah I was using a 4lb line. I think they just all got full lol. Thank yeah they are tuns of fun.

Do you use small kastmasters or thomas buoyants?
They're great....

Another thing.....the trout might have seen your line...and not know there was a hook in the bait....:Wink:

2-4lb line for trout....

We've hung out/fished with your parents a few times...great people!

one_leg
09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
I think they just all got full lol.

Sound like you were chumming........:ROFL:

j/k

O_L

WARRIORMIKE
09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Yea that lake Tahoe is huuuge! Been there once, but everything is really nice around there too.

You'll get those fish next time around:Twisted:

Granny Fish
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Your thinking of Jenks Lake. The one where you and your sis went around the lake with the video camera interviewing the young haute fisherman on the shore.:Wink::Wink:

Sounds like Lake Spooner would be a good fly fishing lake.

I want to see some pictures of those tiger trout.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:y5w2rCjQwnoJ::www.assabetriver.org/streamwatch

stickfightersmama
09-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah thats the lake I was thinking about. Vader and myself will go up there again maybe before it gets to cold. They also had a fish that was a mix between a tiger trout and a rainbow trout. I don't remember the name but I will try to find out. Its a prefect place to fly fish. I will have to try to get Vader up there to fly fish.

Your thinking of Jenks Lake. The one where you and your sis went around the lake with the video camera interviewing the young haute fisherman on the shore.:Wink::Wink:

Sounds like Lake Spooner would be a good fly fishing lake.

I want to see some pictures of those tiger trout.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:y5w2rCjQwnoJ::www.assabetriver.org/streamwatch

gavin310
09-16-2008, 11:16 AM
you threw out powerbait 20-30 times before putting it on your line?! i would have threw my hook out the second i saw them take the bait! :LOL: