PDA

View Full Version : Nautilus Extended 3/4 Day Sunday

Liteliner
09-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Fished the Nautilus sunday with a couple buddies. Nice light load of 35 anglers on this limited load trip...... :EyePop: Id say about 15 were new to open party boats. Lots of spinning rods on this trip. Got on around six and we were off to pick up bait from the pamela rose. Shot straight to catalina and arrived two hours later.

We anchored and I decided to throw irons since every spot in the back of the boat had somebodies tied rod to the rail there. First cast and I hear capt screamin at me throught the window. If you have been on the nautilus before then you know that window is right at your ear almost. LOL. He's spots some yellows 20 yards from the boat and my tady is comin in straight through the boils. Im already shaking seein five or six boils around my iron and then it didnt happen. Nothing. Didnt get bit. We fished for about 15 minutes and the freelance came and anchored maybe 50 yards away from us. WTF. My iron was landing like 30 feet from the boat. Capt picks up and leaves 5 minutes later. Way to many sealions around. We had atleast 10 furbags chillin next to the boat.

Next stop on the backside of cat we catch a few bonies and bass and had a couple of yellowtail hookups. The boat went 1-4 on the yellows on that stop. We pretty much did that the rest of the day. Stop,anchor, and wait for the yellows to come through. One guy got spooled on 30#. Im think BSB....

Ended the day with two calicos and three bones. 1 yellowtail for the whole boat. Nice day out on the water even though I didnt get any yellows. Sorry no pics. Forgot the camera.

See you yellowtail next year. Mr. Saltiga is goin into hibernation til may of 09 you lucky basturds.

supasportkid
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
thanks for the report, i gotta get me a yellow this week!!

ghetto dad
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
At least you got out homie.....thanks for the report man.....

GD

one_leg
09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah man, I hear ya!!!

I wish I had been there too. I would have casted into the sealion boils like BEGRED KILLA does.

One_Leg

Liteliner
09-08-2008, 10:37 PM
At least you got out homie.....thanks for the report man.....

GD

Yeah it was nice to get out. Hit me up next time you get out. Id have to be there to believe it bro.

Yeah man, I hear ya!!!

I wish I had been there too. I would have casted into the sealion boils like BEGRED KILLA does.

One_Leg

I actually think the birds were worse. Ive never seen comorants get caught before but this trip there were atleast 6 comorants. I added a pelican into the bird count aswell. I snapped my line trying to get him on the boat and he came right back looking for more sardines.

ghetto dad
09-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah it was nice to get out. Hit me up next time you get out. Id have to be there to believe it bro.

I actually think the birds were worse. Ive never seen comorants get caught before but this trip there were atleast 6 comorants. I added a pelican into the bird count aswell. I snapped my line trying to get him on the boat and he came right back looking for more sardines.

LOL!! :Finger: Thats messed up....I actually do fish, believe it or not.....

GD

Ricky-Ray
09-09-2008, 10:15 AM
LOL!! :Finger: Thats messed up....I actually do fish, believe it or not.....

GD

Yeah GD does fish. I was there to witness it once. :LOL:

ghetto dad
09-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah GD does fish. I was there to witness it once. :LOL:

seriously, in my 25 + years fishing, this is the ONLY summer season that i have missed.......with the exception of when i lived in Florida, which, i did fish out there on the boats.....

GD

JapanRon
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi liteliner,

Great report .... thanks. Too bad on the no-bite on the yellows. May 09 ..... I'd shoot myself if I was to not fish til then !! But .... that would be if it were in-voluntary !! ha ha ha

later ...... much later,

JapanRon

Liteliner
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
seriously, in my 25 + years fishing, this is the ONLY summer season that i have missed.......with the exception of when i lived in Florida, which, i did fish out there on the boats.....

GD

Where did you live in florida? My wifes sister lives in orlando. Gonna spend a week out there in the spring. You know any good charters fishing the flats???? Want me a giant redfish....

Liteliner
09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi liteliner,

Great report .... thanks. Too bad on the no-bite on the yellows. May 09 ..... I'd shoot myself if I was to not fish til then !! But .... that would be if it were in-voluntary !! ha ha ha

later ...... much later,

JapanRon

Yeah. Im not much of a rockfish person. Trout season is here though so it will keep me busy. Maybe one more trip to catalina.....