PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Sharks...Have you eaten one?

legacy1
09-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I found this quote on another site:

An excellent, mild flavored flesh which can be fried, broiled or baked. Like all sharks, it should be bled and cleaned as soon as possible. It should also be kept cool and an overnight bath in the refrigerator (with just a couple of squirts of lemon juice) helps assure the good flavor.

I catch them a lot at Newport Beach, and was just curious. Thanks for your story....

Legacy1

Wingnut
09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Cool if you choose to keep them, but keep in mind... it's their spawning season right now. :Wink: :Cool: Never tried Leos before, but did hear that they're good eating.

JSAUCE818
09-08-2008, 05:37 PM
to much of a beautiful fish...i dont think i have the heart to take one. But i hear they are tasty.

Sinjin Kim
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
to much of a beautiful fish...i dont think i have the heart to take one. But i hear they are tasty.

I'm with Jesse on this. They are simply too beautiful to kill. I don't care if they taste like the meat at Fogo de Chao, I simply couldn't kill one. Considering there are so many of other types of fish and sharks to eat out there, why not eat something that is more delicious. Would you kill a Marlin to eat?

bsp
09-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Leopard sharks are too beautiful to kill. I remember when I caught a large one accidentally and thought, "Yes! Shark taco time!" Then I saw its eyes, and I felt really bad for it. I released her (no claspers), and never thought about one since. I have heard a lot of people say that it is good eating, but I do not think it is worth it.

That being said, I know some people believe that they should keep their first fish (of a species) and let the rest go. As long as the fish is legal, that is ok too. Most people keep their first marlin, but I know I won't.

BIGRED KILLA
09-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Pop there gill plate just grab the hole gills and flesh and rip it j.k i tried it in Mexico and it was bomb as **** fried tacos i always get them when i go there.

Bigred

ghetto dad
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM

this coming from a guy who not more than 2 years ago was fishing on piers and rocks filling up 5 gallon buckets with short bass???? :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

GD

gavin310
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
they really are very beautiful fish. when i catch one and i'm on the beach all by myself, i'll hold it gently in my arms and caress its smooth back and give it little kisses on the nose. sometimes i'll pack sardines in a picnic basket along with a bottle of wine and see where that leads us.... :Secret:

calico killer kevin
09-09-2008, 12:33 AM
I would eat them, but I probably wouldn't kill them MYSELF. I'll have other people do that for me.

I'm with Jesse on this. They are simply too beautiful to kill. I don't care if they taste like the meat at Fogo de Chao, I simply couldn't kill one. Considering there are so many of other types of fish and sharks to eat out there, why not eat something that is more delicious. Would you kill a Marlin to eat?

HAHAHA...yeah...yeah I would. UUUMMMM grilled marlin steaks.

Troutman65
09-09-2008, 12:46 AM
they really are very beautiful fish. When i catch one and i'm on the beach all by myself, i'll hold it gently in my arms and caress its smooth back and give it little kisses on the nose. Sometimes i'll pack sardines in a picnic basket along with a bottle of wine and see where that leads us.... :secret:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Badfish2
09-09-2008, 02:13 AM
"Too beautiful to kill" = :Sissy Fight:

DavidE
09-09-2008, 02:43 PM
they really are very beautiful fish. When i catch one and i'm on the beach all by myself, i'll hold it gently in my arms and caress its smooth back and give it little kisses on the nose. Sometimes i'll pack sardines in a picnic basket along with a bottle of wine and see where that leads us.... :secret:

fnn classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:

ghetto dad
09-09-2008, 02:44 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BIGRED KILLA
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Are you really comparing a marlin to a leo.lol

Bigred

ono
09-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I usually just fin them and throw the rest back in the drink............hahahahah, j/k.
Isn't the legal limit something like 4 feet???? Haven't seen too many of those around.

GOTFISHUES
09-10-2008, 09:09 PM
they really are very beautiful fish. when i catch one and i'm on the beach all by myself, i'll hold it gently in my arms and caress its smooth back and give it little kisses on the nose. sometimes i'll pack sardines in a picnic basket along with a bottle of wine and see where that leads us.... :Secret:

this was the funniest thing ive read on this site or anywhere in a long time, thanx for making my day. now i think ill go leopard fishing, not forgetting the flowers and chocolates..