PDA

View Full Version : sunday on the native sun 3/4

fishermen101
09-08-2008, 10:40 AM
well it started the night before. i called my cuzin and my bro in law( fish-and-scubaguy) to confirm that they where going to go with me on the native sun. when i called them the said that they couldnt make it i know i wouldnt pass up a free trip. so decided to go myself . when arriving there i seen one leg , funjunkie,kevin and some other guys from the NBUand team 57 i felt like at home. the day was planned for rock fishing. this was my first time rock fishing and man what a workout i got and a nastsy sun burned face he day was pretty slow managed to pull up 2 nice size snapper
and watch this big six pound sand bass be caught. by the way thank you (ghetto dAD) FOR THE TWO FREE PASES. SORRY I DIDNT SAY THANKS SOONER. MUCH APPRECIATED. ALL IN ALL A GOOD DAY !!!!! THANKSGUYS HOPE TO FISH WITH SOON

one_leg
09-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Congrats on your first RF trip.
Some nice reds came over the rail on that trip!!!

Ha Ha, that was a nice big grumpy, wasn't it?

Next time say hello and let me know who you are.

BTW, were you wearing a Blue shirt?

O_L

deanhall32
09-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Nice going and I bet you had fun with the NBU guys and one_leg. How does a guy get a free pass?

fishermen101
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
i won it at the legends event at irvine lake in a raffle. thanks again (ghetto dad)

fishermen101
09-08-2008, 11:15 AM
allen i was the fat guy with glasses talking to you and dirty girl on the way back in . and no i did not have my shirt on sham on me. till next time

one_leg
09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
allen i was the fat guy with glasses talking to you and dirty girl on the way back in . and no i did not have my shirt on sham on me. till next time

Oh yeah, I remember you. It was cool fishing with you. Did you win anything in the poker game?

Everyone taking off their shirts nowadays!

:ROFL:

Why didn't you tell me you were related to Onyx?
We are prolly gonna do some diving for bugs this winter.
Get your certification and join us out there!

deanhall32
09-08-2008, 12:14 PM
It's funny you won that at the Legends. My g/f and I had to leave early so we gave our 2 raffle tickets to G$ and he said he would let us know. Haven't heard from G$ since the Legends and I use to talk to that guy everyday!! Was G$ with you on the Native or was he riding a new bike to Parchers so he could use his new rods and lures on the free boat he won?

JapanRon
09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi fisherman 101,

Good job on the fishys. Said you got a workout. Just how deep were you fishing? Bait, Plastic, or Iron?

JapanRon

fishermen101
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I was using a 8 oz weight and #2 hook for the squid strips and choveis .we were going down about 320ft . but i think also my rod is to heavy . baitrunner6500 and heavy action shimano reel.20-40lb

ghetto dad
09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Great report man, hoep you had a good time......you should have come in the office and said whats up...no problem with the passes man....

GD

Ricky-Ray
09-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I was using a 8 oz weight and #2 hook for the squid strips and choveis .we were going down about 320ft . but i think also my rod is to heavy . baitrunner6500 and heavy action shimano reel.20-40lb

Well that's your problem right now. Spinners are not the best rockfishing reels around especially when your fishing that deep. Nice report by the way. Way to go on your first rockfish trip.

ghetto dad
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Well that's your problem right now. Spinners are not the best rockfishing reels around especially when your fishing that deep. Nice report by the way. Way to go on your first rockfish trip.

spinners will WHOOP YOUR BUTT fishing deep man, that , and it usually twists the hell out of your line...you may want to invest in an good, inexpensive rockfish combo....any rod about 7 foot, rated 20-40, with a penn jigmaster will do....big 5 all the way, or turners....or....we got some old rentals for sale at the landing.....