PDA

View Full Version : A couple hours in Corona Del Mar

fishhard22
09-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone, I just became a member and this will be my first post. I have always ben largemouth bass fisherman and recently made the transition to saltwater and i'm loving it haha. I arrived at Corona Del Mar at about 4:30p.m. and left at 7:30p.m. I was drop shotting a 3 inch gulp minnow and go a couple small bites but wasn't productive. At about 6:30 i began doing what I was there for, trolling swim baits for cuda. The were not legal sized but fun to catch on 6lb. line. They were short striking and ripping my fish trap in half but I finally did hook one up.(sorry no pics) I was using a 4 inch and a 3 inch. For that sized cuda I personally think the smaller 3 inch is better. I was hooking up more on the 3 inch swim baits more than the 4 inch even though I got busted off a million times haha. After catching one when it was already dark I took off. Good fishing to all.

Wingnut
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Welcome to FNN. Sounds like you had a fun day of catching fish. Thanks for the report and hope to see more from you soon. :Cool: :Big Grin:

supasportkid
09-08-2008, 12:03 PM
welcome to the boards!! thanks for the report, cudas on 6 lb. is always fun, good job

Ifishtoolittle
09-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Try trolling with a crankbait next time, maybe you'll get more hook ups. Othrer than that noce job on the cudas!