PDA

View Full Version : Halibut on the BBQ

gavin310
09-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Last legal I caught found its way onto my BBQ. After filleting, I squeezed out an orange into a bowl and mixed it with soy sauce. Dropped the fillets into there for about 5 minutes and put them onto the BBQ. The halibut was fresh from that day so a light soy/orange taste on it was sooo good! Next time I want to be more prepared and have time to marinate them, if I use that sauce again. I had no idea what I was doing, but it's hard to go wrong with soy sauce as long as you don't overdo it.

Anybody have recipe recommendations for halibut on the 'Q? There are some online but I prefer word of mouth. Or text of mouth. Or text of fingers?

diamondbear
09-07-2008, 02:27 PM
YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH WHAT YOU USED . Try 1/2 cup virgin olive oil , 1/3 cup soy or teriki sauce ,1/4 cup fresh lemon juice , crushed garlic - Marinate for 4-5 hours , turning once and B-B-Q [ and don't over cook it ]

Sparky70
09-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Use the Soy-Vey Soy sauce, you will throw rocks at all the other types of Soy Sauce..........

gavin310
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
There's Jewish soy sauce?

Brian_GSC
10-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Use the Soy-Vey Soy sauce, you will throw rocks at all the other types of Soy Sauce..........

That stuff is GOOD! I used it for the first time a few weeks ago.

Another good one is "Soyaki". VERY good.

BIGRED KILLA
10-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Just dont over cook it.

Bigred

Rubble
10-03-2008, 09:13 PM
I made some steaks from a 30+ lb'r a month ago and simply brushed 'em with a little virgin olive oil,sprinkled a little lemon-pepper on 'em and wrapped a piece of bacon around with a moistened tooth pick.The bacon helps in not overcooking.......Awesome....!!!!:LOL:

Sparky70
10-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Gavin,

That soy-sauce (Soy-Vey) was made up by a jewish woman and a gentile man. they started to market it and are making killing on sales of it. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Troutman65
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM

Yes it does Sparky. :LOL::Cool:. Hope your doing well. Have any Tri-Tip lately? I need to get one on the BBQ soon.:Wink: