PDA

View Full Version : newport harbor 4/14

FishermanStu
04-14-2007, 07:41 PM
headed out to the same spot as last time. same thing basically all over again. three bass on the white grub one hali on the white grub too. and one nice sized bass on a swimbait. no picks today. i cut my shin really deep and my hand too. i cut my hand on a mussel and i think it already getting infected

one_leg
04-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey Stu,
If you get cut by a mussel your supposed to pee on it to stop the pain.

Or was that a stingray? Oh well, better safe than sorry. :wink:

One_Leg

bigfishlittlefish
04-15-2007, 11:01 AM
one_leg, I can tell ur no doctor. Everyone knows u take ibuprofen for mussel pain.

FishermanStu, I hope u received true medical care instead of relying on home remedies from friends like one_leg, however well-meaning they may be. Infections should not be taken lightly. I don't want u changing ur screen name to one-leg because of an infected cut. One one_leg is one one_leg too many. j/k

bflf

one_leg
04-15-2007, 01:08 PM
one_leg, I can tell ur no doctor. Everyone knows u take ibuprofen for mussel pain.

bflf
:rofl: LMAO

FishermanStu
04-15-2007, 04:05 PM
hahaha. :rofl: :rofl: . were you serious about the pee thing? cause you pee on a sting if it is from a jellyfish. i dont think it would go over very well if the neighboors saw me peeing on my hand at the end of a storm drain in the bay

olfishergal
04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
very funny you guys........... :rofl: Next time, clean it with some Betadine, (wipes can be put in tackle box), Rinse with Peroxide and water, put some Neosporin antibiodic ointment on it and a bandaid. Change it twice a day and no infection!!!! Always good to clean a wound immediately. Don't use a dirty fishin rag. Or, if you haven't got any 1st aid stuff, rinse it in the salt water and clean it up as soon as you can, using above technique. Neosporin is good stuff snd if it is painful get the one with the painkiller in it.

olfishergal
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
very funny you guys........... :rofl: Next time, clean it with some Betadine, (wipes can be put in tackle box), Rinse with Peroxide and water, put some Neosporin antibiodic ointment on it and a bandaid. Change it twice a day and no infection!!!! Always good to clean a wound immediately. Don't use a dirty fishin rag. Or, if you haven't got any 1st aid stuff, rinse it in the salt water and clean it up as soon as you can, using above technique. Neosporin is good stuff snd if it is painful get the one with the painkiller in it.

one_leg
04-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I always have believed in rubbing my cuts in the dirt to stimulate the immune response. :wink:
I was an EMT, a Commercial Diver Medic and a Hyperbaric Technologist in a previous incarnation.

Good advice OleFisherGal

One_Leg

FishermanStu
04-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I always have believed in rubbing my cuts in the dirt to stimulate the immune response. :wink:
I was an EMT, a Commercial Diver Medic and a Hyperbaric Technologist in a previous incarnation.

Good advice OleFisherGal

One_Leg

in that case i am just going to go ahead and start peeing on every vut. maybe even other peoples cuts when they arent looking. for their own good

one_leg
04-17-2007, 10:10 PM
in that case i am just going to go ahead and start peeing on every vut. maybe even other peoples cuts when they arent looking. for their own good

Let me know how that works out for you!

FishermanStu
04-17-2007, 10:30 PM
hahaha i will. i could just imagine hiking in the backcounty somewhere and someone cutting something and acting like i was gonna take care of it then whip it out and piss on the guy. hahahaha. lmao

one_leg
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
hahaha i will. i could just imagine hiking in the backcounty somewhere and someone cutting something and acting like i was gonna take care of it then whip it out and piss on the guy. hahahaha. lmao
Well I could imagine letting a girl do it for me if I got a stingray barb in my.............foot.

DreStyle
04-17-2007, 11:46 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sea Monkey
04-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Posts like this are EXACTLY the reason I read FNN everyday! :P

FishermanStu
04-18-2007, 09:40 PM
yep nice quality posts about the finer points of fishing

spiceguy
04-19-2007, 02:16 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/spiceguy/1159120798946ry4.jpg

jplee3
04-19-2007, 04:43 PM
whatever you do, DO NOT LICK YOUR WOUND after peeing on it...

trust me, it tastes horrible :O :O :O

twin22s
04-27-2007, 02:38 AM
lol you guys make me laugh... but on a more surious note alot of stings can be sanitised by the amonia in urin. i was stung by a cute little spotted sting-ray once, scared the crap out of me cuz the smaller and prettier they are the deadlier they are in most cases. noticed red lines spidering out from the center of my palm where he stung me, i wasn't taking any chances, i hid between some rocks in the jetty and pissed on my hand. the pain and the red lines went away after about a half an hour. but if true medical treatments are avalible i'd go with those, but if your like me, and the heck with cuting my fishing short to go get my first aid kit, piss away. ended up catching a WSB after that too, so it was worth it. hehe.

one_leg
04-27-2007, 02:57 AM
If a stingray stung me I'd probably catch it, stomp on it, p*ss on it and cut it up into Leo bait!!!!! I would by no means, lick it. :P

FishermanStu
04-29-2007, 08:55 PM
one day i got stung twice in the thumb by two different stingrays

one_leg
04-30-2007, 07:51 AM
one day i got stung twice in the thumb by two different stingrays

Ok, this begs the question, "Have you ever been bit, jabbed, stung, poked, or zapped by any other form of aquatic life?

spiceguy
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I often get poked by halibut teeth........ :roll:

FishermanStu
05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
one time i was paddling into a wave at 42 street in the summer and took a jelly right to the chest

one_leg
05-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I've had a couple of bad urchin spine impalements while pulling big bugs out of their holes.

FishermanStu
05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
one time in hawaii i had an urchin spine go through my fin and into my toe. not just any fins though my body boarding fins which are super thick

ih8mackerel
05-17-2007, 01:50 AM
so for sting ray wounds do you pee on yourself or the fish?

one_leg
05-17-2007, 02:05 AM
so for sting ray wounds do you pee on yourself or the fish?

Just pee on Stu! That'll make me feel better. J/K Stu ......LoL

Really though, Pee on yourself. Try to get it on the wound or you might get some funny looks from all the people that gather to see WTF your whining about.

SanDimasLMB
05-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Just use some good ol' brown bottle Hydrogen Peroxide :roll: Urinating on your hand works but why risk getting even more infected? Besides, URINE IS BODILY WASTE

smokehound
05-17-2007, 04:13 PM
[quote="one_leg"][quote="bigfishlittlefish"]one_leg, I can tell ur no doctor. Everyone knows u take ibuprofen for mussel pain.

Im gonna drink a beer.. That $#!7 was funny.

I often dont feel bad after being cut by a mussel's shell. I bring a little bit of iodine to neutralize the bacteria. Just wash your hand...or arm, or stomach.. Youve got to do this at beaches in socal. bring soap too, just a little like.. hotel soap.

. oneleg.. LOL.

Troutman65
05-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Calling Dr. One_leg, Calling Dr. One_leg,

Your needed in the ER. Code Blue.