PDA

View Full Version : San Diago advice

CoolBreeze
09-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello
I want to take my GF on her first ocean trip.
She has fished the lakes about 3 times with me this summer, but never experienced TUNA.

I live in Ventura and have never fished SD. Any advice would be great.

We are wanting to fish a 3/4 on 9/13. If someone could recommend a boat. We also have a Motorhome if there is a campground or landing that would let us park. Hotel would be OK too.

We'll make sure to remember Wasabi and Soy

samgann93
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
mission belle out of point loma. great boat.

fuj
09-02-2008, 04:34 PM
The San Diego (how appropriate) out of Seaforth Landing. Can't beat Seaforth's parking!

flopps1
09-02-2008, 07:16 PM
mission belle out of point loma. great boat.

Second that....Mission Belle is my choice but parking is tight at the landing. Worth it for me though. Capt will put in the overtime if it's on a late bite. They are running regular 3/4 trips fishing the Coronados right now. Great bite on migrating yellows going on. Cost is $95.

The San Diego is also a good boat. Little bit longer ride from Seaforth but parking is much better. The San Diego is running extended 3/4 trips fishing off shore for tunas. Leaving earlier and getting back later. Trolling, paddie hopping and looking for the porpoise is the name of the game. They have posted some nice scores the past couple of days. Cost is a little more then the regular trip to the islands. Like $115, I think. Or is it $125. I'm blanking right now.

Another landing you might consider is Mission Bay. RIght next door to Seaforth. The Chubasco II is also running regular 3/4 trips to the islands. Parking is at the hotel and isn't bad.

Which ever you decide, I suggest you call ahead of time and make sure the boat is not privately chartered and make sure you book your spot. Trips filling quick. Any of those boats mentioned will put in the work. If there is fish, they will find them. Great crews.

If you are wanting the tuna, then you might want to go with the San Diego (Seaforth Landing) or the Point Loma (Point Loma Sportfishing). They are both doing the extended 3/4 trips to find the tuna's and do-do's. Other then that you would have to consider an overnighter to get in the zone.

Yellowtail fishing would be fun as well. So, something to consider if you can't get on the extended trips. Which ever you decide, I suggest you call ahead of time and make sure the boat is not privately chartered and make sure you book your spot. Trips filling quick. Any of those boats mentioned will put in the work. If there is fish, they will find them. Great crews.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

CoolBreeze
09-03-2008, 09:37 AM
My roomate and I went to La Paz, 2 months ago, Slayed the Dodo's. Now our girls want to go out for their first time. Yellows, Tuna, Dodos, any would be great.