PDA

View Full Version : No LBSF 9/2/08

FemaleFishinFool
09-01-2008, 05:51 PM
If anyone was/is planning to go out ouf LBSF tomorrow morning....
Just got off the phone with them...

NO ONE has made a reservation for any of the day boats (1/2 day or 3/4) tomorrow.
They need a minimum of 15 anglers for any of the open charters to "sail".

If they don't meet the minimum - the boats stay docked : (
(The twilight boat will be going out as of this time.)

The Native Sun is/was online to go (in contrast to what the website says - its the Icon that wasn't slated to go out) - but again- without a minimum 15 bodies she wont be leaving the docks.

Which sucks for me.....
I'm off tomorrow and was going to take GD's advice and take the Native Sun for my first (in many many years) time out on the salt.

sooo sad for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(As an aside, I got a price quote for a 3/4 day trip to Catalina for a 6-pak charter. {To charter the boat - what do you all think would be a reasonable price to pay for the 3/4 day charter BOAT. The boat & her crew, not as an 1 of the 6)?

(Im seriously contemplating booking a charter so I have some one-on-one tutelage with an expericenced, knowledgeable, FRIENDLY SW angler who is willing to teach a noob : ) And Im beginning to think the best way to go about is to just hire the dang boat and let her Captain/crew teach me the ropes!!!! LOL)

~FFF

Troutman65
09-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Hello FFF . Long time no see you on FNN. Glade your back. LBSF is not the only landing you can go out of. You could go out of Newport Beach or Dana point. Hope you get to go out somewhere tomorrow. Looking forward to your report :Envious::Big Grin::Wink::Cool: Thanks for the heads up on whats going on.:Cool:

bones
09-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey Sandy....Nice to see that your still around. You could always come hang out with the surf crew and get some SW action in. The Sand is free and the fishing can be quite rewarding also. There are alot of places to catch halibut and many other species from 30 minutes to 1 hour from the valley.You can hop over Topanga for example and catch everything from leos,halibut and perch.It's also ALOT cooler than Castaic or Pyramid this time of year with more elbow room!

ghetto dad
09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
If anyone was/is planning to go out ouf LBSF tomorrow morning....
Just got off the phone with them...

NO ONE has made a reservation for any of the day boats (1/2 day or 3/4) tomorrow.
They need a minimum of 15 anglers for any of the open charters to "sail".

If they don't meet the minimum - the boats stay docked : (
(The twilight boat will be going out as of this time.)

The Native Sun is/was online to go (in contrast to what the website says - its the Icon that wasn't slated to go out) - but again- without a minimum 15 bodies she wont be leaving the docks.

Which sucks for me.....
I'm off tomorrow and was going to take GD's advice and take the Native Sun for my first (in many many years) time out on the salt.

sooo sad for meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(As an aside, I got a price quote for a 3/4 day trip to Catalina for a 6-pak charter. {To charter the boat - what do you all think would be a reasonable price to pay for the 3/4 day charter BOAT. The boat & her crew, not as an 1 of the 6)?

(Im seriously contemplating booking a charter so I have some one-on-one tutelage with an expericenced, knowledgeable, FRIENDLY SW angler who is willing to teach a noob : ) And Im beginning to think the best way to go about is to just hire the dang boat and let her Captain/crew teach me the ropes!!!! LOL)

~FFF

??? the website??? i just updated everthing...did you look at the dates? sorry about that, but FYI, winter is upon us (at least up here in LB), so it is now going to start getting tough around here, as far as enuf peeps to go. You still have a shot down south, they are still, I believe, getting Tuna on their trips...good luck and sorry about the inconvenience....

steve