PDA

View Full Version : Dodos and YFTs at Ensenada!

Ifishtoolittle
09-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Went on an overnighter at Ensenada with my uncle, dad and some friends for the labor day weekend; the goal was to get the grand slam, but came short when it came to yellowtail, but overall fishing was still good. We went out to about 50-60 miles, it took us about 5 hrs to get there. Fishing started out slow trooling for about an hour, got hooked up on a small Dodo. It wasn't until another hour until we found a spot loaded with big YFTs, within 20 min we landed 5 YFTs in the 20lb range, fishing was great until my dad hooked up on what looked like a big Dodo that got everone tangled. After sorting out the tangles my dad lost a big Dodo due to careless advice from the skipper, (changing circle hook to a small J hook). After that long battle with the lost Dodo the bite shut down and off we went to look for another loaded kelp, it wasn't till about 4 hrs later till we found a spot where we got the big Dodos. The Dodos were jumping and flying all over the place boiling on the Dines'. In the end we fished from 6am to 6pm! the skipper was really determinded to put us one a lot of fish, even after fishing for 3 days straight.

Tackle: 30-40 lb test with 50lb fluoro leader, circle hooks, and Accurate reels.

Total fish count:
Me: 1 YFT~21lbs, 2 dodos~ 3lb and 12lb
Dad: 1 YFT~ 22lbs, 1 Dodo~ 4lb
Uncle: 3 Dodos~ 3lb, 4llb, 19lbs!
Friends: 3 YFT~ 20-25lb range, 2 dodos~ 3lbs

Enjoy the pics

- Bryan (Ifishtoolittle)

I'm the one in red and with the black and white shirt.

Troutman65
09-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Nice going on the YFT , & Dorado !!!! I would of had Sashimi with one of them YFT right on the spot !!!!:LOL::Cool::Envious: Thanks for sharing on FNN

Ifishtoolittle
09-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Your welcome!, well one of our friends did have Sashimi on the spot, he ate a beating YFT heart . =)

steve092
09-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the pics!!

Congrats on the catch.