PDA

View Full Version : City of Redondo 8-30-08

Ricky-Ray
08-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Original plan was to go on the Spitfire. Called Redondo Sportfishing and made my reservations on Monday. Fellow FNN members Ositto and Victor101 along with his brother were going to join me also.

Arrived at Redondo about 5:15am and when I walked into the office they told me the Spitfire was charter. WTF???? It was accidentally chartered out at the last minute. That pissed off about 30 or so people that were going to ride the Spitfire. Landing's only response was sorry, but you can ride the 1/2 day boat instead. Quick call the Pierpoint and Long Beach 55, both the 3/4 day boat's leave at 6 also. Dam, not enough time to make it there. Did not want to ride the Pursuit outta 22nd. St. Landing and didn't want to go to L.A. Harbor.

Since it's been over a month since I've been fishing I really wanted to just get out there and catch something so we bought our ticket's for the 1/2 day trip. 6:30 rolls around and we board the boat with about 30-40 other anglers, and the four of us made a bee line towards the bow to avoid the tangles. With anchovies a frozen squid already loaded on the boat we headed straight towards Rocky Point. After getting geared up and helping a few other fellow anglers get their gear setup we arrived and we started fishing. Not much was happening at the bottom so I starting fishing the plastics for some calico's. A few calico's wanted to play but they were all short. A quick move and the bite got a bit better. Still a bunch of short calico's. After the 5th calico, I started hooking and handing off the calico's to other angler's that weren't getting bit and to some of the kids on the boat too. Probably hook and handed off about 1/2 dozen or so before we made our last move of the day. Last move was towards deeper water and we got a bite of a rockfish bite. Landed about another 1/2 dozen assorted rockfish and we finally called it a day.

Not the best trip, but at least I got out and got to pull on a couple of fish. First time Redondo Sportfishing has let me down like that. No pics...wasn't in the picture taking mood.

k3vin_kim
08-31-2008, 07:58 PM
whattup Ricky-Ray~!

That was nice of you to hook and hand off to those banana's and their kids.

Seriously? you haven't fished in like a month? Geez. What's THAT like?

Peace homey.

KK.

JapanRon
08-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi again Ricky-Ray,

I second that on handing off the fishys to the kids !!

JapanRon

ghetto dad
08-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Hery ricky, sup man...thanks for the report....HOW THE HELL does a boat "accidentally" get chartered last minute...thats soo not cool..we have our faults here at LBSF, but we NEVER do things like that....if we already have some resies on the sheet, we wont charter a boat out from under people....we give people some kind of notice.....ok, gotta go...salmongrouper101 is texting me like a teenager..lol

peace

GD

chris
09-01-2008, 10:25 AM
i hate it when the plans change and force into another trip. thanks for the report

mstr fish
09-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for your report. I am sure that the kids were stoked to. Sorry to hear about the landing situation...................................fish

flopps1
09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
That sucks for sure RickyRay.....They could of at least gave the 1/2 trip for free to compensate for their screw up. It would of been the right thing to do.

Man, that's why I just head South.....Never had a problem and always a good time!

Ricky-Ray
09-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Kevin - haha yeah it's been over a month since I hit the salt. It's frustrating seeing the fish are biting and you can't get out to catch them. arrgghhh!!!!! Kinda funny at the end of the trip as we were heading in I saw a guy pull out a bananna. I KNEW IT!!!

GD - According to the owner of the landing somebody at the office took a call on Friday late afternoon and told the person on the phone that the spitfire was available for charter so the chartered it.

It is what it is. I was pretty upset about it the whole day on Saturday. After a good night's sleep I'm over it. It's water under the bridge now. No point in being upset on a thing like this when there's more important things going on in the world.

pineapple express
09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
eh RR
wtg bruddah... making the best out of a BS situation. that sucks but atleast you got to
do a little fishing than no fishing at all... way to hook up the kids too...
i still don't see how RS screwed up the scheduling... someone was sleeping in the office.
PE

MR. J
09-02-2008, 12:50 AM
your day on the boat was very similar to mine except the calico bite was worse.

Troutman65
09-02-2008, 01:08 AM
That blows about the office screw up. :Cool: you got onto the water after 1 month and hooked up onto some fish. Thanks for the report