PDA

View Full Version : 2 Day on the Tracer

greg
08-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Just got off the Tracer with my bro-in-law, Jimmy, on a two day, limited load trip (10 passengers, 5 from Amgen). We took off on Wednesday night around 9 pm, got fresh bait and headed for the 370. In the morning, the water had small rollers with a light wind and 14 boats around us. We picked up a few albies on jig strikes and on the slide. Ran into a few kelp which were dry. I went to my bunk for a short nap when we hit a good albie bite which brought in 46 albies on a meter mark (I slept through the bite !!!). The rest of the day was spent trying to get ahead of a school of porpoise and fish YFT. Only 10 YFT were landed between 4 passengers. The key was to be the first one to get your bait out there while we were sliding. Yesterday morning, Captain Tom Scherl metered a large group of albies. Our boat loaded up on over 100 albies in an hour. I picked up a few fish on the iron (Tady 9 in blue and chrome). Another dude picked up fish jigging a megabait. Captain Tom called in the Daiwa Pacific to take over out bite (I don’t know how he did). We headed south east to look for YFT but ran into a dead zone (no birds, no paddies, and no fish). It was an 8 hour boat ride before we headed home. The crew (Scotty – deckhand, Sean – the second, Tom the Captain) worked hard to get us fish. But our cook got seasick the first morning and we ended up missing that breakfast…

ghetto dad
08-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Just got off the Tracer with my bro-in-law, Jimmy, on a two day, limited load trip (10 passengers, 5 from Amgen). We took off on Wednesday night around 9 pm, got fresh bait and headed for the 370. In the morning, the water had small rollers with a light wind and 14 boats around us. We picked up a few albies on jig strikes and on the slide. Ran into a few kelp which were dry. I went to my bunk for a short nap when we hit a good albie bite which brought in 46 albies on a meter mark (I slept through the bite !!!). The rest of the day was spent trying to get ahead of a school of porpoise and fish YFT. Only 10 YFT were landed between 4 passengers. The key was to be the first one to get your bait out there while we were sliding. Yesterday morning, Captain Tom Scherl metered a large group of albies. Our boat loaded up on over 100 albies in an hour. I picked up a few fish on the iron (Tady 9 in blue and chrome). Another dude picked up fish jigging a megabait. Captain Tom called in the Daiwa Pacific to take over out bite (I don’t know how he did). We headed south east to look for YFT but ran into a dead zone (no birds, no paddies, and no fish). It was an 8 hour boat ride before we headed home. The crew (Scotty – deckhand, Sean – the second, Tom the Captain) worked hard to get us fish. But our cook got seasick the first morning and we ended up missing that breakfast…

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:Classic man..lmfao!!!

Thanks for the report man...sounds like a great trip....

GD

supasportkid
08-30-2008, 11:51 AM
good job on the fish!! thats messed up you slept through the bite. but you redeemed yourself! WTG