PDA

View Full Version : nph 8-27-08

shh777
08-29-2008, 01:36 PM
I kayaked NPH several days back and did okay. I got to the harbor at 6am and was hoping to catch some bass on the high tide swing peaking at 8:30. Hit the water and immediately caught a sandbass then a calico then a spotty. They were all on the small side. I later hooked into a legal spotty and from nearly five feet from me a huge sea lion surfaces and "mad dog's" me. I get a little scared because I haven't reeled in the fish. I button down the drag and haul in the spotty. Later, there was a boil around me and I got giddy and casted my grub. I hooked into a baby barracuda, but lost him at the boat. I got several more bites but none of them stuck. The boil was fun to see and I followed it for about 30 minutes. On the down side of the high tide I connected into my biggest spotty of the day. At first I thought it was a barry from the fight it was putting up, but was glad to see a spotty. It must have been my second or third biggest spotty I ever caught. I ended the day around noon and ended up with 9-10 bass, all released. This trip was particularly fruststrating because I never had so many fish come to the boat and then to just lose it. This must have happened to me about 5 times.

The water was clear and it was emtpy out in the harbor except for one other kayaker. Next time I'll bring my camera.

Wingnut
08-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Nice Bass count, sounds like a nice day on the water. Thanks for the report from the harbor. :Cool:

BIGRED KILLA
08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Sounds like you had fun thanks for the report.

BIGRED KILLA

vortec_cruiser
08-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Nice day of fishing for you! That's always a fun place to fish, and my son & I enjoy it alot.

ROTO_ROOTER
08-31-2008, 10:33 PM
man you gotta go and hit up the kelp just out side of the harbor let me kno if you wanna go

Troutman65
09-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I bet that sea Lion startled you a bit. Congrats on your fine day on the water fishing:Big Grin::Cool: