PDA

View Full Version : solar panel for charging trolling battery quest.

lizzay
08-27-2008, 10:57 AM
I read on a few places that you can charge your trolling battery using a solar panel. Any views on this? I have an old Honda 10 but don't know how to wire it up to charge the battery so maybe going green would be a great idea for multiple reasons.

one_leg
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
There are some real inovative new products that are about to hit the market.

You might even be able to make a shade screen that is comprised of solar cells.

I would do it if I were you. Let us know how it works out for ya!

bigbluthng
08-27-2008, 05:48 PM
harbor freight sells a 12 volt solar battery charger that is somewhat inexpensive. might be worth a shot.

Reelbacklash
08-27-2008, 08:40 PM
i have a small solar charger on my boat. i have it hooked up to my electronics battery only and it works great. I have not had to charge them since i put it on.

lizzay
08-27-2008, 09:19 PM
i have a small solar charger on my boat. i have it hooked up to my electronics battery only and it works great. I have not had to charge them since i put it on.

That sounds good, the only problem is trying to figure out the right one for the amount of power i need to charge. I have a battery usually used for SUVs. Do you have any pictures of your set up just to give me an idea. Thanks. I might just solar to power my portable radio and cell charger too. maybe a small tv! That'll totally redefine bait and wait. LOL!