PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara Legal WSB from a tube.

bones
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Kinda late putting this up but what the hell.Everyones giving me hell for not putting up reports lately but my digi got destroyed in the surf and I havn't been able to buy a new one. Big Red and I have been Float tubing SB harbor lately. Finally developed the pics from a sheety disposible camera. The WSB went 28" and was caught on a live sardine.Let her go since she was BARELY legal and only slightly lip hooked. Man......a WSB will take you on a ride while float tubing.....Gotta Luv It!
Finally a few pics of Big Red's legal butt and a short WSB. The butt was 28" also and kept for dinner.....mmmmmmm
Red also hooped for some crabs which made a tasty dinner!

one_leg
08-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Ha Ha Ha, I believed you Mike!

Nice one from the tube.

Troutman65
08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Nice going on the WSB Bones. :Envious:

Wingnut
08-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Finally! We both got our legal WSB on the same Sunday... pretty cool. :Cool: That's a great place to float tube. See ya out there sometimes Mike.
Great seeing and talking to ya at the Legends. :Big Grin: I heard you guys did quite well on the Kitties that night. :Wink:

Granny Fish
08-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Nice to see a report from you Bones and good chatting with you at the event.

I bet that WSB took you for a fun little spin. :Wink:

flyngby
08-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Great job on the WSB!!

Had to be fun on the Tube. Nice CPR!!!!!

Steve

BIGRED KILLA
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Dam Bones you see how good i am with the Camera i took a good shot thanks for taking a ****** pic of my 28 inch hali.Nice sea bass

Bigred Killa

troutslayer05
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
I used to hoopp for them crabs off sterns warf right there. Man are they good. did u catch all reds or did u get some spider crabs as well? Does anyone eat spider crabs?

mrjonez
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
that's the spot. last year i caught 2 keeper WSB right there in the harbor. there was a guy tubing that hooked into a keeper halibut, and that thing was spinning him around in circles for at least 5 minutes. congrats on the catch.

Liteliner
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats on the seabass and congrats on the hali but that is just a badarse job on the crabs. Must of been an awesome meal.

BIGRED KILLA
08-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks Bones for the pic there are tons of crabs there you don't even need to hoop just put a line out they are fast and can pinch the **** out of you it happened to me like 10 times no spider crabs tho all the crabs and fish are really clean.There is also salmon in the harbor some guy landed on his tube a nice one up there took him 40 minutes to land.Hey Jsause you need to come up there with us don't be scared of the salt man i thought you are a tough guy.lol